Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday Ramblings :)

Thanks to everyone that commented on my previous post about kids and TV. Since I have become a mom (which is still even a funny thing to say...I just can't believe it!!), I have truly adopted the policy of "to each their own" in regards to parenting. (Within reason of Things can work well for some children and parents and not others. I think that I have decided that some TV is okay for Emersyn but I never want it to be used as a "babysitter" and I want to be VERY careful what she watches. I was watching Sesame Street the other day and it is actually pretty educational! I got some great ideas of shows from you ladies so thank you!! :)

Last night we had another great book club meeting with some quality ladies. It is such a refreshing time for me. I want to blog about the thoughts that were shared...stay tuned! :)



This morning I took Emersyn to the dr. to have a look at her most recent flare of eczema. Yesterday morning at Bible Study, one of the ladies that works in the nursery paged me and said that Emersyn had hives. I was pretty sure that she didn't have hives and assured them that it was just her eczema. But then I got to thinking....what if? So I made a dr. appointment and $20 later, I find that it it is NOT hives but simply a bad flare up. I should take pictures to show Emersyn some day. Poor baby. Her entire back, tummy, the back of her neck, under her chin, and tops of her legs are red and scaly. I am going to aggressively treat her with the steroid cream that her dr. prescribed us today as well as using Vaseline like a crazy woman. Poor Ems is so slicked and greasy....but whatever helps her skin makes it all worth it! :)



When I got home I put Ems in her crib for some playtime while I went and took a shower. When I got out of the shower I heard nothing so I went and peeked and saw this....

She was zonked out! And note the sweet doggie that she is cuddling....a gift from her 10 year old friend, Christopher. Precious. She doesn't consistently take a morning nap but I often find that she will if given the opportunity. I miss her when she is sleeping in the mornings though because I work in the afternoons. *sigh* Someday.......

While Ems napped, I got a shower and got ready and then Miss Roxanne came over at about 11am! Roxanne watches Ems on Wednesdays ( I wrote about her last week) and often she will come over early so we can chat about her life and what's new. The best part: she doesn't mind if I multi-task while we chat!!!!!!!! It is such a win win situation!! She gets to relax and chat with me on a barstool at our kitchen island....meanwhile, I empty the dishwasher, load the dishwasher, vaccum, mop, etc. Hallelujah, what a blessing to ME she is!! I don't mind cleaning at all when I get to be distracted by wonderful conversation. It's like I go into auto-pilot mode with cleaning and just enjoy chatting and then all the sudden, my house is clean!! I am SO excited about all the amazing things that the Lord is doing in Roxanne's life. She is an amazing woman and has a heart that truly seeks God's will for her life. I know that God has big plans for her and her testimony. :)

Tonight: trying a new recipe thanks to Jennifer!! I will let you know how it goes!

Tomorrow: hopefully going to the zoo again in the morning, assuming the weather cooperates. Brett thinks that the zoo in the rain would be fun with an umbrella. I am a realist and firmly disagree with this theory. Also, some last minute shopping for her costume

Friday: taking Emersyn down to Albany to visit her great-grandparents in her costume! They both live in retirement/assisted living facilities and get a kick out of seeing Emersyn and showing her off to their friends. Last year we took our two month old little ladybug down there and let me tell you, she was a hit! :) Friday night Emersyn is attending the first birthday party of one of her BFF's, Estella.

Okay, enough rambling! Sometimes it is nice for me to write it all out and organize my thoughts that way.....makes me feel more on top of life that way! :)

Happy Wednesday everyone!!

3 comments:

Queenb said...

Aww, that pic of Ems in her crib is so precious! I love that she's hugging her doggie. Ella hugs a monkey and then when she's almost asleep puts it under her tummy and sleeps on it. Emersyn is beautiful!! And I agree, Sesame Street is totally educational, Ella loves it toO!

Roxanne Schultz said...

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

LeAnna said...

Sounds like you're going to have a great rest of the week. Poor sweet girl, I just hate it when Doctors give you the run around about stuff. Allergies and sensitive skin seem to elude the best of them. :/
Great ramblings, it's like a cyber fellowship club to me. :)