Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Patch

On Friday Brett and I decided to take our little pumpkin to the pumpkin patch! We had a blast, the weather was perfect, even a little on the warm side! Emersyn wasn't feeling 100%, I think she still had a lingering cold so she had a bit of a runny nose and since she has been drooling so much (teething), her mouth was a bit chapped. My poor baby. She still had a good time though.

Emersyn LOVED the animals. The petting zoo area was really really clean and the animals were friendly and clean too. The petting zoo area of the fair that we went to was so icky, I was a little traumatized. But this one was great, I even let Emersyn down on the floor which I would have never done at the fair.

Checking out the baby cow. She was only a month old. So sweet.


Emersyn and some goats, checking each other out.

I was not a huge fan of Brett putting Emerysn into the goat corral to touch them but she sure liked it! Naughty Daddy!

This farm will be a yearly tradition for us. I look forward to many more pictures like this to come.

Poor Ems looks a little washed out, part of that is the lighting. But she still looks pretty sweet to me, what do you think? :)

This picture is way zoomed in....Brett and Emersyn were at the top of a hay castle. I love how Ems is waving to me!!

Love that blue sky!

Brett took Emersyn down this giant slide twice. I am not sure who enjoyed it more, him or her!

Doesn't this look like a senior picture? I love it. She is such a sweetie.

"Cheeeeeeeese"

As we were taking this picture, a tractor full of people drove by and I could hear them oohing and ahhing over how cute Emersyn is. My heart was full and happy. :)

I am hoping to make it out to another pumpkin patch before the end of the month. After all the exploring and playing that we did, I was too pooped to actually go get a pumpkin to buy. You had to get it and then haul it to the weigh station and then haul it back to the parking lot. Emersyn and I were starving and cranky, hee hee. I accidentally wore flats, not tennis shoes, and that also inhibited my ability to navigate through the farm. But darn it if my outfit didn't look good and put together! :)

I am looking forward to a busy week! This morning I made a chicken slow cooker recipe and am making some amazing acorn squash tonight. Pictures and recipe to come!

Happy Monday everyone!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooo I want the slow cooker recipe. I've been looking at some and none have sounded great. We are going to "the patch" on the 24th. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Oh I so want the slow cooker recipe. I've been looking for a good one. We are going to "the patch" on the 24th. I know it's cutting it close, but it's the best day for us. Can't wait for fun pictures!

Katie said...

Adorable!! She is such a cutie pie :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
Just love reading this Blog.
When I showed Gigi the pictures she said it looked like you and Brett were having just as much fun as Emme.
Love you,
Mama

LeAnna said...

Great pictures! I'm seriously contemplating getting a Nikon, they make for such crisp and color rich photos! Emersyn's grin is just too precious. ;)

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

Such sweet fall pictures!

Kim said...

Looks like you guys had an awesome time! Emersyn looks too cute in these photos!!! :)