Friday, October 30, 2009

Candy Corn Cupcakes

Hi guys! It's me again, Emersyn. Last night my mom asked me if I wanted to help her with some baking.

I was shocked! This was my first time baking!

Mommy let me borrow her apron. She said that maybe we can keep an eye out for an apron my size, this one was a little big on me.


Baking is fun!

Mommy found a sweet recipe for "Candy Corn Cupcakes" on a really cool blog.

See? They kinda look like candy corn! Daddy had to eat this one, you know, for "research purposes" to make sure that they tasted good and that they really looked like candy corn inside!



I had to go to bed so Mommy didn't get a picture of me with the cupcakes. They really are SO easy, even a toddler could make them!

You add food coloring to the batter and even the inside of the cupcake looks like candy corn!!!

You divide your cake batter in half, adding yellow to one and orange to the other. Add the yellow batter first into the cupcake liners and then freeze the batter for about 10 minutes and then add the layer of orange and bake! Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

The white frosting on the top makes it look just like a piece of candy corn!

Mommy just put the finishing touches on my Cowgirl Costume tonight....can't wait to show you all!

Happy Friday!!

4 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Okay these are darling! And I LOVE cake.. and cupcakes.

jules said...

Those look great.

Love her apron, such a big helper.

Anonymous said...

Good job with your signature, it's really cute!

sister sheri said...

Dear Emersyn, you make the cutest little chef with a big smile. I think you did a great job with the cupcakes!