Thursday, October 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Rowan!

This past Sunday afternoon was spent celebrating a cute little one year old's birthday, Mr. Rowan!!!

See, I told ya he is cute! :)

His mom is super crafty. I am little threatened by her crafty-ness but am praying for deliverance from these feelings. She couldn't find a stamp with a monkey on it so she decided to carve one out of a potato instead. See the stamp on Rowan's hat?

Such a crafty-MacGyver.

Emersyn kept her hat on for a couple minutes. And yes, you can say it, I know you are thinking it.....her outfit is ADORABLE!!! Brett's mom actually got it for her from Kohls, score!! I already had the booties that she is wearing, don't they look like they were made for each other?

Emersyn and Rowan share a love for monkeys.


Although Rowan and Emersyn share a love of monkeys, they do not share a love of birthday cake! Rowan was a perfect gentleman and wasn't interested in getting a birthday cake icing facial like Emersyn was at her party. :)

I think he liked our present for him! :) Emersyn has one too.

This picture captures my favorite moment of the day. Rowan started playing his bongo drum and Emersyn slowly started to feel the groove and then was full on dancing to the beat. I love it.

Thanks for having us Brianne, the party was adorable.

And I promise to try to get over my domestic jealousy. :)

4 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Those little party hats were just adorable! I love that. (and I love Emersyn's outfit!)

A New England Girl said...

What an adorable party... and two adorable babies! I love the monkey on the hat and Emersyn's outfit! It looks like you all had a good time. :)

Unknown said...

he DOES love your gift! It took a day and a half of observing the scary blue tunnel- and then it was all fun and games and giggles. Thank you so much! We're super glad you guys came, and I wont be offended by your crafty-jealousy ;) I swear you could do it too! Can't wait to get the kiddos together again soon!

LeAnna said...

How fun! That monkey looks pretty darn good, if I do say so! Don't you just love Kohl's? They have some really cute stuff this fall. And girl, if I lived close, you can bet there would be some fellowshippin'! :)