Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Mama!

Today is my sweet mama's birthday. I called her this morning via "skype" and was able to wish send her my birthday greetings somewhat in "person". It is still quite an adjustment having out of town parents but thanks to modern technology, it is easy to stay in touch.

I want to brag about my mama a little bit, seeing as it is her birthday. My mom pretty much gave up her vacation in Hawaii to be with Emersyn as much as possible. She is SO good with her and they are truly bonded. Emersyn knows who my parents are as much as she does any of her in town family. I think that is so special and I love seeing how much Emersyn loves my mom. Even when we came home, I could tell that Emersyn missed her Grammy. We talk about Grammy all the time and it seems everytime I turn around we are reading a book that Grammy got her or we are putting on some jammies that Grammy sent us. But anyways, back to bragging. My mom got Emersyn up each day, fed her, got her clothes on, often lathered her up in sunscreen (NOT an easy task), loved on her, played with her, and really gave Brett and I a break. Chasing a toddler is NOT an easy task and my mom really sacrificed her special Hawaiian time to spend time with her grand daughter. I am sure she would say she did nothing of the sort but I appreciated it and I noticed. Brett and I got to go on lots of adventures and my mom made sure that Emersyn got a good nap, that she was well fed, and most of all, well loved. Thank you mama!! I can't wait to see you again in 2 1/2 short months for the holidays!!!

3 comments:

MiMi said...

Dear Patti,
Such kind words! Thank you!
I Love you so much!

MiMi said...

PATTI,
As I was thinking of your Blog, I was horrified that I hadn't written more to you saying that I LOVED being with Emersyn Grace! Each moment, each giggle time, in the pool, taking a nap on my chest in the shade by the pool, whatever I/we were doing. That was my vacation. Should plan more....hmmmmm
And to see you and Brett having such fun together just made it perfect.
I Love you Sweetheart.
Mama

A New England Girl said...

What a wonderful post/tribute! Happy Birthday to your Momma! :)