Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Honest Scrap


My very sweet blogger friend LeAnna tagged me/awarded me this the other day. In the spirit of blogging fun (and in work boredom), I have elected to participate! :) Thanks for thinking of me LeAnna!


The logistics:

1) Say thanks and give a link to the one who gave you the award. (check!)
2) Share 10 honest things about yourself. (this may prove to be a challenge....although I don't usually lie on my own blog so essentially everything I say on here is honest about myself...but I will work on 10 more fun facts!)
3) Present this award to 9 other fantastically brilliant blogs of content or design, or peeps that have encouraged you.
4) Tell those 9 people they've been awarded and make sure they're informed of these guidelines.


Okay, 10 HONEST things about myself.....

1) I thought giving birth was relatively easy. I seriously have had tougher real estate deals that have caused me far more agony. I am praying that the next one is as easy (which isn't going to be anytime soon!!). I am sure that my mind has blocked out all the pain and discomfort that I experienced but I DO remember thinking, "hey, that wasn't nearly as bad as I thought". Hollywood has a way of setting up your expectations for screaming and possibly even profanities, ha! (NOT that I have a potty mouth, I don't!!!)

2) Every time we go to Chevy's Mexican Restaurant I go to the restroom first so that I can wash my hands. And every time I am in there by myself, I proceed to dance like a crazy woman to the loud salsa music while washing and drying my hands, all the while keeping my eyes glued to the door so that no poor woman has the misfortune of witnessing me making a fool out of myself, Latina style. Caitlin, don't judge me for this although I suspect you might already have. Hee hee.

3) I am TERRIBLE at making dinners at night. Not that I make terrible food, not at all. I think I am a decent cook actually, not amazing, but decent. I am bad at planning, shopping and then implementing. I used to blame this on the fact that I work. But I only work part time. Lame excuse. Plus, I was on maternity leave for 4 1/2 months when Emersyn was born and I wasn't good at it then either. But I had a newborn.....excuses excuses. I wanted to do a 30 day quest for no eating out in October but then I got sick on October 1st and thus didn't feel like cooking, nor eating for that fact. I think this would be an interesting challenge though. Make me actually plan meals, shop accordingly and then actually cook what we have at home. Blog friends, I want to know what your weekly meals and routines are when it comes to dinner time!!

4) I think it would be a blast to own a franchise with my husband. I think it would be so fun to work together. However, being entirely self employed is ridiculously stressful so I would want to win the lottery first and then "work for fun". Obviously, the odds of this happening are slim to none but it is still fun to dream about! :)

5) I LOVE reading other people's blogs. I am always inspired by other women's creativity, love of the Lord, and believe that we can all learn a lot from each other! I have been amazed growing so fond of people who I don't even know in real life and watching their babies grow as well as their faith. It makes me want to be a better mommy, woman, and blogger too! :)

6) I am a Realtor. Part of the reason that I became a Realtor was because of my love for homes. Brett and I spend countless hours, gas tanks and miles driving around and looking at houses and neighborhoods when we were just friends, way back when. Now that I am in the biz, one of our favorite things to do on our days off is go look at million dollar homes and dream. It's easy, I just look up houses that are vacant (I would never disrupt a family or kick a seller out of their house just so I can look). We have seen some amazing houses on lakes, on huge estates, etc. One of the most memorable houses that I have seen looked like it was straight out of the 70's. It was kind of spooky and needed to be updated by about 30 years, no joke. Just walking into the house made me want to put on some roller skates and put my hair in ponytails. Not like I was even alive in the 70's, but I imagine that is what you wanted to do in that era. Ha! Anyways, this mansion was trippy and had brightly colored rooms, including one room that was completely red including bright red shag carpet. There was a psychedelic tiled shower in the master that could tell some tales I am sure if the walls could talk. There was a huge kitchen and then behind it swinging doors, another huge kitchen for the catering crew. I imagine this home had some pretty trippy parties. I have seen million dollar homes that were foreclosed on and were just plain spooky. Anyways, just a perk for this CRAZY and sometimes stressful career that I am in!

7) I can be a pretty confident person. The Lord is the source of my joy and strength and in Him, there is nothing I can't accomplish. But under it all, I can be very insecure and needy for approval from others. Something the Lord is working on in me though. I am constantly learning that life is one big issue after another, I just have to refine how I look at it!

8) The first time I had sushi after not having it for almost two years due to pregnancy and nursing, I spent $12. This is one of those cheapie places that charge $1.50 per plate. You do the math. I was stuffed but it was delicious. I could eat California Rolls for all eternity. Lord, is there a sushi bar in heaven?? Or a Starbucks?? Really, both would be ideal!! Just a thought....

9) I have THREE pictures of Emersyn up in our house. One in a small frame that was a gift on our fireplace and then two in our room. Of the BAZILLION pictures I take of her, I am terrible about committing to printing and actually putting them up. I even HAVE THE FRAMES!!! They are from Ikea and they are in our linen closet, neatly stacked, taunting me, just waiting to be placed. I need to get on it. I think I get overwhelmed at how to organize them, which pics to put in them, etc. Oy. Lemonade Makin' Mama, I need you!!!! :) *Note: I do have lots of pictures of her on our fridge, a much less committing place to place pictures I guess.

10) I am so so so blessed to be married to my best friend. Sure, he may do things that drive me crazy or more often, NOT do things which drives me crazy but I love that it takes us 3 hours to watch a show that should only take a little over an hour to watch (thanks to our DVR) because we keep stopping and talking and laughing. I love getting into bed at the end of the day and snuggling up with my favorite person in the world, other then my daughter. I love dreaming about our future together, watching our sweet baby girl turn into the little nut that she is becoming, and having the security in knowing that he picked me out of everyone else. I love my husband!!

Alright, I hope that was honest enough for ya!

Here are my 9 people that I am tagging and awarding! I know that life is busy so if you don't have time to play along, there will be no hard feelings! But, it's always fun to learn new things about your friends so I hope SOME of you play along. :)

The Leaking Window
My Journey Through Motherhood
Happel Happenings
Good Tree
Simplifying Me
Life's Little Blessings
My Story is Not Over
The Adventures of Reuben, Amy and Chloe
Mix Mix Mama

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

Thanks for nominating me... I'll have to give it some thought!

However, I completely agree about childbirth... Trust me it was painful, but I never once that about saying, "&*(((!!!#@!"

I am so #3. Dream Dinners saved my life. I always think I can do it myself, but when I try... back to square one!

and #10 is the best... nothing like being married to your BFF!

Keely said...

Hey!! I just had to say Hi..I saw you on another blog and noticed that your daughter has the same exact name and spelled the same exact way as my daughter Emersyn Grace!!!She's six..Anyway, congrats on your Honest Scrap Award!!

Keely