Monday, October 26, 2009

Not Me Monday



*Being the perfect housewife, I am always on top of the grocery shopping. So it is safe to say that I definitely didn't make a box of rice pilaf for lunch on Saturday afternoon because there was literally nothing else in the house to eat. I would never eat such an unbalanced lunch! After all, I have a picture of the nutrition pyramid hanging in my kitchen as a guide for all meals that I serve.

*Most mornings, Emersyn wakes up before we do. Do I ever pretend to sleep through her crying just so my husband will get up and get her some warm milk? Nope, not me!

*One morning last week, I heard some suspicious grunting while Emersyn was in the bathtub and I was in the hall right outside the bathroom folding laundry. I glanced at the tub and saw my dainty daughter standing against the wall and saw some number two starting to make it's way out of her rear end. Trust me, I am NOT the kind of mother that would let her daughter continue on her journey toward bowel relief JUST so I could run and get the camera. That would be disgusting. And upon running back up the stairs (which totally didn't make me out of breath for a good few minutes) I didn't then take a picture of the crime scene. What kind of a mother would take a picture of such a thing??? (Side note: after receiving some anonymous comments, I want to clarify that she was NOT alone in the tub, I sit in the doorway, folding laundry into the hall but she is in my eyesight 100% of the time...I did run and grab the camera but this was a 15 second task and one I would have never done when she was younger and not able to support herself. Thank you for your concern)


Okay, well maybe I did.....clearly Emerysn is not impressed with me at this point...she's like "Mom....I totally just pooped...you gonna do anything about it??"


*The first word that people think of when they think of me is mild-mannered. Okay, that is two words. So naturally, I absolutely never have hormonal bursts of rage towards my husband for no apparent reason. One night last week, I for sure didn't totally lash out at my husband and then proceed to challenge him to a game on the Wii Active to get out some of my aggression. While playing the Wii, I definitely didn't almost black out while playing the boxing game out of sheer determination to beat him. And when I did beat him, I definitely didn't gloat about it. I am very humble when it comes to games and competition. And I am in such good shape that now, two days later, I am NOT still totally sore. My forearm muscles feel great in fact, not an ounce of pain for me!!

*On Wednesday I met a friend at the mall for coffee. While drinking coffee in the courtyard area, I most certainly did not let Emersyn loudly and obnoxiously scoot a chair all around the echoing area just so I could have an adult conversation (shouted over the chair scooting of course). Nope, not me! I would never let my child disturb anyones peace and quiet like that! I also didn't change my daughter on the offending chair to save myself a trip to the restroom when I noticed a suspicious bulge peeking out of her backside. Not me, that would be SO tacky!!

It seems as Emersyn gets older, I start to have more "Not Me" moments.....funny how that works! :)

Happy Monday everyone!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

You're right. Kids give you the best Not Me's...either directly because they are them or indirectly because kids cause "brain damage" and cause US to do more Not Me's. Happy Monday!

Melissa
www.thecorkums.com

girl said...

HAHAHAHA!! I am beginning to look forward to your "not me" Monday posts! :) You are such a funny, funny girl and a great writer. I totally hear your voice when I read these as well. :) Thanks for the laugh!

LeAnna said...

I am LOL'ing here! Toooo funny!

Keely said...

That was GREAT!!!! The poo in the tub..totally gross, but I LOVE that you ran and got your camera!!