Saturday, October 3, 2009

How to Win Your Man by Emersyn

Hi everyone! It's me, Emersyn. Last weekend my future husband Riley came over to play with me and get to know me a little better. I figure it is a good idea that we get to know each other, seeing as our mom's are planning a Fall wedding for us in 2030. I thought the visit went well and I think him and I are on the right track, even if HE doesn't know it yet. I thought I would share some of my tips with my other baby friends out there on how to win your man over, should your mother's arrange marriages for you too!

1) Men like compliments. Tell him how much you like his shoes for example.

2) Always let him feel taller and stronger then you. Riley and I aren't too far apart in height. So to make him feel taller, I simply sit down. It's just that easy ladies. Riley appears to be skeptical but don't you worry, he will warm up eventually.

3) Men like their freedom so let him run a little crazy every once in awhile. Besides, his mother will chase him for you anyways.

4) Men like to see chubby legs so wear your shortest denim mini-skirts when he is around. Wait, what Mommy?? Inappropriate?? Okay, mom says I have to scratch this one because it is "inappropriate". I don't even know what that means but I guess it's not good.

5) Gaze at your man adoringly from across the room while your friend tries to steal your sippy cup. He is worth it though.

6) Put your man on your speed dial!

7) Always be prepared for a good photo opportunity.

8) If you gently place your hand on his shoulder and he shrinks away in fear like Riley is seen doing here, don't be discouraged. Maybe "physical touch" isn't one of his love languages.

9) Always make sure your hair is done nicely (note the barrette) and that you show how good you are with babies!

10) Men like to feel needed. Here I am, pretending that my scoot scoot is broken. "Riley, I need your help to get my scoot scoot running! Can you help me handsome?"

11) Relationships are all about compromising. In this picture I initially wanted to play with these wipes. Riley was not happy about this....

....so I compromised. It's just what us ladies do.

Okay friends, I hope this gives you some insight on how to win a man of your own!

XOXO, Emersyn

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness friend, that is the best! Riley was very taken with her. I have pictures of Ems on a board above Riley's changing table. He is always pointing at her and talking. He was just play hard to get, be he loves her from a distance...for now :) And I don't know if I agreed to the year 2030, they'll only be 22. maybe 2035 :) Wow, that sounds like the title of some weird Sci-Fi movie!

LeAnna said...

Oh, this made me LAUGH! How precious, and creative! Too cute, those two. Emersyn has some excellent advice, even for old married couples! :P

sister sheri said...

tooooo funny! I love the part about the love languages!

Kristi said...

You crack me up! This is just too cute :)

girl said...

I LOVE IT!!!! :) So creative, cute, and FUNNY!!

Unknown said...

Too funny! Thanks for the tips Miss Emersyn! I'll definitely be keeping those in mind.

Kim said...

OH my stars! Emersyn you sure do know how to work with the fellas! hahahah

This was so adorable! I'm sure she'll look back with laughter on this post! :D

Unknown said...

Lol. Emers knows her stuff... Love it!