Monday, October 5, 2009

Thoughts on Esther: Week Three

I finished up my week three of Bible Study tonight. I can't even tell you how good that feels! I feel like I am always cramming the night before and hardly absorbing anything but this week, I took my time and actually finished day 5 on day 5 right when I was supposed to. Brett and I went over to some friend's house tonight and I left early to get Emersyn to bed since we have an early morning and then finished up my study in the quiet of my cozy living room.

I read a couple good thoughts tonight that I wanted to share. I love Beth Moore. I think she has a great way with words and has a gift of bringing the bible to life in a storytelling fashion.

Here is a paragraph that really resonated with me.....

"We've each been hurt by someone, but no one on earth has hurt us more than those who seem callous to it. We're acquainted with trying to deal with the wrong doing of others while they go on with life, oblivious to our pain. We fight an urge to corner them in a public place and scream, "Don't you get it?" If they won't judge themselves, the fleshly part of us would gladly enlist a group to help us judge them.
The situation becomes even more complicated when you sense that the very person who helped your life to fall apart wonders why you can't get it together. There's nothing quite like someone who hurt you judging you for being hurt."

I can't really expand on why this resonates so much with me but it encouraged me to know that I am not alone in my feelings and that other women have felt the same way too. :)

Another great thought....

"Sometimes God uses the winds of a new threat to blow the dust off a past miracle that has moved from our active file into the archives. Remember, beloved! Remember what God has done for you! Rehearse the story again! Find someone to retell it to!"

I definitely found that to be true in the last couple months. I was able to apply the same principles that the Lord had taught me in the past but just to a different circumstance.

Okay, enough late ramblings. Time for bed! Tomorrow I am going to bible study and then Emersyn is spending the day at her Nana's. I hope she is in good spirits, she has been a little under the weather still and clingy. Praying that she does well and has a good day. I wish I could be with her all day but a mama's got to do what a mama's got to do. :)

Good night!

2 comments:

Kim said...

So true! Thanks for sharing that! I sometimes as well feel the same way!

~hugs to baby girl!~

sister sheri said...

Patti - How did I miss this post? I really loved those thoughts by Beth. She really captured it! Did she read my mind!