Friday, February 26, 2010
Everyone loves a good blog hop, right? :) Well, this one is hosted by a gal that lives in the Pacific Northwest, just minutes from me!! I don't find too many NW bloggers out there it seems. It's nice to meet you Lauren!!
1) When I'm nervous....oh my, I immediately have to go to the bathroom. Gastrointestinal issues accompany nerves for sure, LOL! I think some of my most nervous times have been singing on a stage and I used to get SO nervous that while singing, my LIPS would actually quiver and shake. I am sure that was amusing to watch! I also get really nervous with any kind of confrontation.
2) My favorite item in my closet is....hmm....I would have to say my boots. I got them in brown and black at a Nordstrom half yearly sale and I love them. They have a little heel on then and are knee high. I don't wear them as much now that I have Emersyn but when I do, I feel like a grown up!
3) My favorite thing to do when I need to relax is.....I would have to say that cuddling in bed with my husband and watching a movie is my favorite thing to do when I need to relax. By myself, reading at Starbucks with a coffee in hand.
4) My favorite childhood memory is......playing with my little brother. When we were pretty little, we used to put on Christmas "programs", complete with musical selections, me playing my tiny Casio keyboard, us making a "program" out of paper for my parents to use as a reference during our production, serving them egg nog. Fun times.
5) Something you may not know about me is that....oh geez, I am so bad at these types of questions. Well, how about this....I consider vacuuming to be a hobby!
6) A true friend....makes sure that everytime you get together, it isn't all about THEM. They give and take equally and never judge. They are honest with you when you ask for accountability and keep their advice to themselves when all you want to do is vent!
7) Something I hope people think of when they think of me is....enthusiasm and eternal optimism. :)
Well, I better go finish packing! I have a ladies retreat this weekend and I am SO excited. Vanessa, you will be missed!! :(
Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Monday, February 22, 2010
Well...maybe I did! :)
*On Saturday, I received a teeny tiny Pamper's Swaddler diaper in the mail for some odd reason. When I saw that teeny tiny diaper, I did NOT feel my uterus start to ache for another baby!!!!! I am SO not ready for another baby at this point in life. But maybe sooner versus later..... Caitlin, don't judge me! Help me be strong!! :) And that sweet little diaper is NOT still sitting on my center console in my van where I do NOT look at it all the time and remember how fun those sweet little newborns are.....okay, enough of THAT!! Brett, don't worry...I don't really want another baby quite yet. Any by quite yet I am not sure what I mean.....!! :)
Happy Not Me Monday!!
Thursday, February 18, 2010
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
We went to church in the morning where Emersyn got to wear her new tutu, made by her Nana. Brett didn't think that church was a good place to wear a tutu but I firmly disagreed and won that argument. :) We did bring a jean skirt for her to wear while she was in the nursery so that it didn't get in the way of her playing or get ripped by other kids. She looked SO darn cute!!!
That afternoon we went to lunch at my new favorite place, The Pita Pit!!! Then we ran to Costco and then home so Emersyn could take a nap and we could do some cleaning. Brett finished cleaning our carpets and then did a number of other household tasks while I cleaned the kitchen and baked some muffins for the Valentine's playdate.
We decided to celebrate our Valentine's Day another day because the Young Adults ministry that we are apart of was having a dessert and game night at this charming cafe in NE Portland. It was fun and Emersyn got to play with her best buds, Stella and Audrey. Here are some pictures of our fun evening!
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
For now though, I posted a yummy and healthy pizza recipe on my other blog! Check it out if you like!