Sunday, February 7, 2010

Queen for a Week!



Thanks so much to Elizabeth for crowning me "Queen for the Week"! What an honor, especially on the conclusion of my birthday week!!

I has SUCH a wonderful birthday getaway this past week. We went to Bonneville Hot Springs Resort for a night. We had bought gift cards to this resort at Costco in November for 20% off (score!) and decided to use this as my birthday celebration. It was our first night away from Emersyn and I was actually much more relaxed then I thought I would be. Emersyn stayed overnight with her Nana and Papa and they had a lot of fun with her.

The resort is only about an hour away which is nice. We dropped Ems off at noonish and then had a sushi lunch date. Sushi is one of my favorite foods, seriously. And by sushi, I mean California Rolls and seared salmon, not anything fancy like squid or spicy tuna rolls. :) After sushi we went to some outlet stores that were on the way to the resort and found all sorts of cute things for Emersyn; a sun dress and capri pants from Baby Gap, some amazingly cute $50 Ugg type boots that were 75% off, and some super cute and cheap jammies at the Carters outlet for next winter. We were laughing at even though Emersyn wasn't with us, most of our conversation and ALL of our shopping revolved around her.

We checked into the hotel a little after 4pm and headed straight to the room. The best part about this resort is that they have hot tub rooms, see picture below. The hot tub is filled with natural hot springs water and it is absolutely AMAZING. It is a little bit pricey but totally worth it to us.


(See the hot tub on the deck? I borrowed this picture from the resort website, I forgot my camera!)

We love hanging out in hot tubs. We went in ours several times, even brought water proof playing cards and played some card games. We relaxed and had great conversations about us both being in the last year of our 20's and some of our goals for ourselves and our family. I think one of the highlights of my night was sitting in the hotel lobby by the giant fireplace, me reading my book club book, Brett working on Emersyn's first year blog book, and both of us listening to live music. It was so relaxing and just perfect. I even got to read two of my Parent magazines, which I never seem to find time to do at home.

On Friday we took our time heading home and stopped at Multnomah Falls on the way home. I would have loved to hike but I was feeling a little under the weather (thank you Eve). We had such a relaxing time, I can't wait to do it again!

On another note, Emersyn has started talking up a storm!!! She is saying uncle, Elmo, purse, cook, and the vocab list is growing every day!! It is soooo cute.

Happy Sunday everyone!!

5 comments:

sister sheri said...

Yeah! You are a Queen! What fun!

Love to read about your birthday celebration... makes me want one of my own. And even though Christopher is almost 11, we still talk about him... and miss him...

Honey B. said...

Hey there, stopping over from Confessions from a Working Mom! Love your blog, Emersyn is a doll! I'm following you now!

Melissa said...

Sounds like y'all had a wonderful time! :) & happy birthday!

LeAnna said...

That looked simply delightful! I applaud you, Momma, for waiting this long to take an all-nighter. We're a rare breed you know! :)

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

What a treat to get some time away. It is so important to do. Happy Belated Birthday.