It gets a girl thinkin'...... (Haha, I can actually hear my husband's blood pressure rising!!)
There are SO many pros and cons to having your kids close together, far apart, etc. One thing I have been considering is how LONG my house is going to look like a toy store threw up in it! If we don't have another baby for a couple years and then another one a couple years after that (the third child is still in the negotiation process with the hubs...I plan on conquering him in this subject but we'll see!!), then it is going to be 10 years (literally) before my home isn't a baby-proofed, toy infested haven that it is right at this very moment! However....there are cons to having them close together in my opinion too. Let's examine this subject, shall we? *Disclaimer...these are just MY opinions for MY personal life, I could care less how far apart other people's children are. These opinions apply to ME in MY life!*
Why it's tempting to have another baby SOONER vs. LATER
1) The "Get 'Er Done" factor. Pregnancy takes a toll on your body that is for sure and the sooner you are done with babies, the sooner you can start the lifetime repair process!
2) Sweet siblings that are close enough in age to play together, and more importantly, dress up like twins!!!
3) I miss those sweet newborn cuddles.
4) It sounds strange but I even miss nursing and the amazing bonding time that entails.
5) I am SO excited to see Emersyn interact with a little brother or sister.
6) I LOVED being pregnant and can't wait for that experience again.
7) I am not getting any younger. :)
Why it's more realistic for me to wait at least a year or two (can you hear my husband's sigh of relief??)
1) My heart desires to not work outside the home when we have another baby so there is a logistics issue that needs to be adressed and we are trusting the Lord for that to happen in 2010!
2) I want to get healthy before getting pregnant again.
3) I LOVE my special times with Emersyn and know how precious they are. Another child will be a tremendous blessing but I think I want to soak up a little more of my sweet monkey girl before adding to our clan.
4) Emersyn will need to be transitioned to a big girl bed so our next baby can use her crib.
How random was this post?? I just have babies on the brain and needed to write out my thoughts. :) This is such a fun season of life to be in, thank you Lord! Happy Tuesday!