Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday Scriptures/Ramblings

So after some pondering, I have decided to memorize two verses a month. I think that one a week might be a little daunting so I want to give myself a goal that is acheivable. So for this week, I will continue to meditate and memorize Isaiah 30:18, "For the Lord longs to be gracious to you, He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice, blessed are all who wait for Him". What a great verse, huh? Thank you Lord for your Word!

So what have I been up to lately you ask?

Well.....our healthy living campaign is going well! We are having so much fun learning about healthier foods and recipes. It is fun to buy produce at Costco and actually go through it all, not let it rot in the crisper of the fridge while we consume processed foods. I feel like our meals have become simpler and we view food as fuel for the most part, not an emotional event. :)

On Friday we had to take our MacBook Pro in to be fixed. I was pretty disappointed to need a repair on a 4 month old computer, however, it was fixed in house and in 4 hours! I know with most PC's, in order to get a repair you have to send your computer away for 4-6 weeks. Anyways, I am still pro-Mac.

Friday we took Emersyn to the Dr. to make sure that all she had was a cold. Sure enough, she is fit as a fiddle minus her icky cold of course. Our pediatrician said that her lungs sounded good, no fever and that she has a little fluid behind one of her ears which is common with a head cold. She said that it is NOT an ear infection but has the potential to turn into one so we should keep an eye on her. We left with no medicines or anything. Emersyn weighs 23 1/2 pounds which really surprised me. I thought she weighed more then that, or at least that is what my aching arms and back thought. :) She has become quite the clingy little monkey so mama's arms are getting strong! :) I LOVE our pediatrician and we always have such nice time chatting with her. She is expecting her first baby this Spring and I am so excited for her.

Friday night we decided to drop E off at her Nana and Papa's and go see "Avatar" with my brother and his girlfriend, a double date! It was a really great movie!! Pretty weird story but VERY entertaining. We saw it in 3D which made it pretty incredible to see.

Yesterday I was feeling pretty run down, I think I am battling a cold. My friend Julia came over to sit and chat with me while I cleaned my kitchen. That is a good friend, who will just keep you company when you have to do a dreaded task like tons of dishes!!! We also started a blog for her. I can't wait for you all to see it. She is such a neat person and has some great insights. Once she is up and running I will give you the link so you can say hello and welcome to the blog world! :) Then last night we had some friends over for dinner and it was nice to just relax and chat. We need to have people over more often, I love having my home full of people.

I feel like I have neglected this blog a little bit lately. It is hard because we haven't done a whole lot with Emersyn being sick for the last two weeks. I have also been challenged to really weigh the content of what I post. I don't want my blog to turn into a constant "Blog Hop". I think those can be really fun and I know you can attract more followers by participating but I feel compelled to let my words be few sometimes. That doesn't mean that I won't ever participate in Blog Hops, like I said, they are fun. I just realized that the blogs I admire the most don't necessarily post the most frequently but when they do, I sure stop to read what they have to say.

How's that for some random ramblings on a Sunday? :)

I know I am a couple days late but I wanted to wish my sweet blogger friend, LeAnna, a very special congrats on surviving the first year of motherhood!! And to Mr. Quade, happy belated birthday cute boy!!

2 comments:

Aimee said...

Sounds like a fun weekend to me! I wasn't sure about Avatar in 3D, I think it might make me dizzy, but it sounds like a cool experience!

sister sheri said...

Loving your verse! It just makes me feel blessed just reading it. Now that SSMTC is over... I can get really into this year's verses.