Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday Scripture Memory

I have successfully memorized my first verse for the year...."Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you, He rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice; blessed are all who wait for Him! Isaiah 30:18" Typed from memory!

My next verse relates back to a post I did earlier this week.

Zephaniah 3:17- "The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing!"

This verse is so personal to me now as a mother. I could say these exact same things to my daughter. I could tell Emersyn that I will take great delight in her, quiet her sadness and tears with my love and rejoice over her with singing. How neat for the Lord to paint such a vivid picture of a loving parent for us to relate to as He longs to be our heavenly father.

In order for me to receive this love though, I need to be willing. If Emersyn refuses to sit in my lap, it is much harder for me to comfort her when she is troubled. I will still love her if she runs away from me but my heart will ache to know that if she would just trust me, I could make it better for her. I need to climb up into my Saviors lap more often and LET Him rejoice over me with singing, let Him delight in me and do more things worthy of His delight, and be quieted by His love. These are the thoughts I will ponder as I memorize this verse this week.

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

Patti, these are beautiful thoughts. I like how personal this verse is to you. God loves for us to love His Word!

Blessings, sweet one!

Julia said...

Patti, I love the picture you painted with this verse!! I have not thought of it that way, maybe because I am not yet a parent, but it is so true. And it makes me smile to think of God that way. Thank you!! And good job on your first verse! I'm about to find verse #2 myself...