Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!!!!

Yesterday was my dad's 55th birthday. He can officially qualify for certain senior citizen discounts, ha! :) Although he is getting older in age, he is still young in spirit. I love his love for life and for the little things. Give the man a Sonic Iced Tea and a Chevy Chase movie and he is a happy camper. I miss our chats on my parent's deck on Sunday afternoons, drinking iced tea, enjoying the weather and often the Sunday paper. Some of my favorite memory's with my dad involve his work. He used to get away with taking me with him, being the well behaved little girl that I was, just like Emersyn will be I am SURE!! I loved "helping" my dad at "diaper derbys" in grocery stores on weekends, handing out the free samples, helping register people. My dad worked from home so I have fun memories of playing "secretary" in his office with his scrap paper. I would fill out the paperwork that he was throwing away (before we so commonly recycled, crazy) and then did what all grown ups do, staple it and then file it away. Something about using a stapler made me feel so authentic, hee hee.

Yeah, those are acid washed jeans.....jealous?


I adore my dad and the longer I am married, the more I realize how much my husband and dad have in common and I love it! They both share the same love for boring 18 hour car auctions on TV, football, the Denver Bronco's, jr. chili cheese frito wraps at Sonic, fake fish sandwiches at McDonalds, grilling, and much more.

I love you Dad and hope you had the best birthday ever!!!!

No comments: