Monday, May 18, 2009

Frog Eyed Fruit Salad

So I was trying to do a new weekly recipe on Wednesday or Thursday but those are both days that I work. It often wasn't working out. I decided that I am going to try a new recipe on the weekend; it just makes more sense for my schedule. Also, I am going to be trying more healthy recipes...we all need to get healthier, right? :) This week’s recipe isn't unhealthy but I would call it healthy either. I would call it delicious though!! I had this at my neighbor’s house a couple weeks ago and just loved it. Emersyn really likes it too.

Here it is!

Frog Eyed Fruit Salad

(See my "assistant chef in the bottom corner??)

*8 ounces acini di pepe pasta, uncooked (look like tiny round balls)
*1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve 1/4 c. juice)
*1 3/4 cups milk
*1/4 cup sugar
*1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
*1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
*2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
*1 cup grapes
*2 cups Cool Whip
*3 cups miniature marshmallows
1) Cook pasta in boiling water 11 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
2) In large bowl, beat reserved pineapple juice, milk, sugar and pudding for 2 minutes.
3) Gently stir in pasta, and remaining ingredients.

4) Cover and chill at least 2 hours.

Voila!
Like I said, Emersyn really likes this salad, although she doesn't get any bites with the large fruit pieces. She mostly just gets marshmallows and the pasta with some pieces of mandrain oranges. I don't use the whole 3 cups of marshmallows, I think it is a little much. I probably only use about half that amount. I also added more grapes. It makes a LOT of fruit salad, be warned! :)

No comments: