Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Tid Bits




Auntie Jenny sent me this picture the last time that she hung out with Emersyn. Does Emersyn look like she is having fun or what?






Yesterday Emersyn hung out with one of her favorite ladies, Auntie Jenny. My brother and Jenny have been dating for 4ish months and are seriously one of the cutest couples ever. Their relationship maturity surpasses it's short time span and my heart is happy to see my brother so schmoopy in love. Jen wrote a cute blog about hanging out with Emersyn yesterday. Check it out here!






In other recent news.... I am now trying to figure out who is going to be hanging out with my sweet pea while I am at work on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Luckily, it is only 11 hours so that isn't too much, and when you split it between people, it ends up not being too bad. My neighbor is going to watch her on some Thursdays and then I am kind of piecing the rest together. This brings me stress at times, as I am a major planner. :) But the happy side of this is that Emersyn is getting to be even MORE socially well rounded then she has been before. My neighbor (Sherrie) has three kids who love to entertain Emersyn, which hopefully gives Sherrie a break, thus creating a win win situation! I received a picture on my phone today of Emersyn, passed out in a jogging stroller, on their walk to the park. She was covered with her blanket and two monkey's, one of them is hers, the other is theirs. Sherrie said that Maddie, her 4 year old, covered Ems up and pretty much thinks that she is Emersyn's mommmy. How cute is that?? I am so happy that Emersyn is getting to hang out with new people and learn from other kids. In the meantime, I am praying that the right doors would open up and that Emersyn would be surrounded by positive people that love and care for her and us as well. I am not wanting to put her in a day care situation, more have her hang out with people that want to be around her. I am willing to pay or do childcare swapping, whatever works out best. It is all going to work out. :)






This Sunday is Brett's first (official) Father's Day and I have some plans up my sleeve. I am really excited and hope that they pan out. Either way, I plan to celebrate the amazing Daddy that he is. I will be wishing I could celebrate with my own amazing dad in Minnesota but hopefully he enjoys the little gift that we sent his way.






Next Tuesday, Emersyn starts swimming lessons!!!! We are sooooo excited, she is going to be SOOO cute.





Emersyn's mobility is increasing. She likes her army crawl, grunting all the way. She has pulled herself up a couple times on her crib but it takes all her strength, it is really cute. We ordered a little scooter/walker toy from Amazon. It was really reasonable, only $22. It is hard to find reasonably priced baby toys and even looking second hand is a challenge. Often times used toys aren't even that much cheaper if they are in good condition. I am excited for this toy, it is the first "big" thing we have bought for her toy wise. We try to be minimalistic with toys, partially because of the size of our living area, partially because kids CAN have TOO much STUFF!! It will be fun to see Emersyn grow with this toy.


Finally, I need to "vent". It seems like a LOT of negativity has been coming my way and unfortunately, I have felt attacked on a personal level. This weighs heavily on my heart but I am confident that God is working in my life, thus threatening the devil who feels the need to send discouragement my way. However, it starts to really wear on a person, ya know? I never want to be a "debbie downer", especially on my blog that is intended as a future gift for Emersyn some day. But I am being real, blog friends, and asking that you pray for me and my husband. Everything is okay, we just want to do what is right. We aren't perfect, that is for sure. But there comes a point when enough is enough and we have a daughter to think of and protect.



How's that for vague? Probably not vague enough, should wandering eyes land on my blog but oh well. It is MY blog after all.




"I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8




"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings. And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen." 1 Peter 5:7-11


HAPPY THURSDAY!!!!!

5 comments:

Ellie said...

Hi Patti, that is a Boston Terrier in the picture with my dauther (www.thegoggblog.blogspot.com). He is absolutely wonderful, the best dog I've ever had (and I've had a few!). Its our second Boston Terrier, and he puts up with anything my rambunctious 3 year old can dish out. Truly, they are great with kids. And he is only 5 months old, so he is used to it!!

David and Jenny said...

Patti!*
First of all, the picture of Emersyn makes me smile everytime I see it. She really is the cutest thing in the world, but thank YOU for letting me be apart of her life. I love watching her grow and change. It is amazing.

Second: What you wrote about David and I is amazing. I keep rereading it and it makes my day, or night I guess now, since its after 9:00 pm. But thank you so much for your kind words. We both love you so much!!

Finally, please know that Brett and you are in my prayers. Remember that God has a plan and even though it is hard to figure out at times, He knows what He's doing. :]

I love you all so much!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Patti,
Your Mama loves you so much!
Extremely proud of you for being an AMAZING Mama to Emersyn.
Yes, Brett is Amazing too! A husband and a Daddy! Ems adores him!
How Blessed you and Emers are.
Sending Hugs and Kisses your way!

Lori said...

I have personally found, when I was being attacked the most is when God is going to move in my life.

Hugs.

girl said...

Hey there friend,

Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. I am sorry things are hard right now. I think I know what you are referring to and am sorry you're having to deal with that type of stuff. I'm praying for you!

Have a great day. Let's plan something soon. Class starts for me on July 7th, so before that would be awesome!

Talk to you soon,
Sarah