Monday, June 1, 2009

9 Month Appointment

My little pumpkin had her 9 month dr. appointment today! Here are the stats: she is 29 inches long, still in the 90th percentile but not off the charts like she used to be. She is a long legged lady and I love her. She weighs 19lbs, 4 oz which is intriguing since she just had a dr. appointment about 2 weeks ago and only weight 18 lbs, 6oz then! She is gaining weight and I love it! She is still in the 58th percentile, up a little from the 50th at her last appt. Her noggin' is still on the large size, 18 inches which is 90th percentile. Large heads are a Jensen thing. :) NO shots today, which I was excited about!! I bet Emersyn was even more excited. She is wearing the cutest little romper today that says "I like to smile". And she really does. :)

My mom got into town on Saturday, hooray! We have been enjoying her visit and loving the fact that Emersyn very much knows her and loves her cuddles. It has been so freaking hot in Oregon, I can hardly stand it!! But my attitude will change once our window a/c's are in. We have the down in our downstairs, just need the one in our bedroom to bin put in. If we thought we were going to stay in this house for a long time, we would probably put central air in but since we don't want to be here forever, I think we will hold off for now. I SO wish we had the builder install the a/c for us when we were picking out upgrades. It cost more but amortized over 30 years, that is much more fun to pay then a large chunk out of your bank account. Ugh. :)

Last night Emersyn had her first meat! We had burgers and I pureed half of a burger for her and then spread the mixture onto some bread and then cubed with the pizza cutter. I love cutting up her food with the pizza cutter, SO much easier. Just discovered this the other day. She liked the burger but it was a little dry, need to add something to it next time to moisten it up a bit. Any ideas?

Yesterday we went to Costco and I was delighted to find a huge thing of organic flax seed for only $9.99! I have heard many good things about flax seed and plan to sprinkle some in Emersyn's oatmeal cereal in the mornings to further boost her nutrition. Whoo hoo for Costco!

Haven't taken many pics lately, naughty mommy!! Hopefully this will change this week with Grammy's visit. No pics on today's post, BOO!!

Happy happy 1st birthday to sweet Riley Evan today!!! I can't wait to see you and your Mommy on Thursday!!!!! Emersyn is excited to rekindle the romance that was started back in November too! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I put flax seed into a ton of Spencer's things, especially smoothies. I don't know how you guys live without central AC, it would be near impossible in VA.

Rachelle said...

Can I just say how much I love that you blog... I feel more more connected to your guys life because of it. Also, I have been really thinking about you guys needing a nanny and I wanted to throw out there that I would be more then willing to come out on Wednesdays and watch her (no charge) if you need someone. You guys have been such a blessing to me... I want to bless you!