Saturday, June 20, 2009

Happy Father's Day Fah-ja!!!


Dear Dad,

How I wish I could come join you on your beautiful deck and sit in your gazebo and have an iced tea with you tomorrow in celebration. But alas, we are about 1000 miles and a $400 plane ticket away so this will have to do.

Having you guys move has been the hardest thing I have ever had to go through. But honestly, I believe it has brought us closer and awakened emotions in me that I might not have ever discovered had you stayed. I am SO grateful for you and Mom and having a daughter of my own has given me a new appreciation for you both. It turns out, you weren't as crazy as I thought. :) I suspect I will draw more and more of these conclusions as Emersyn grows up.


I hope you have a wonderful Father's Day. Know that you are never far from my heart and I am so happy that we live in a time where web camming and keeping in touch via the internet is so convenient. I think of you every single day, whether it be driving by a Starbucks and thinking of how you used to judge me for getting my $4 coffees and now you do the same. I think of you when I drive by Harvey's Marina Supply and watch that creepy giant bunny sway in the wind, thinking of all the fun memories we had on the boat. I think of you whenever Emersyn's face gets messy while eating, thinking of how you wiped her face clean with each bite when you fed her. :) I think of you when I am buying wipes and diapers, hearing you whisper in my ear that buying P&G is like betraying your family. Maybe that isn't you whispering though, I think that might be Brett. He has actually said that before, hee hee.

Bottom line: it really stinks that you had to move. But it is okay. Many people have lost their father's and would give anything to have them live anywhere. So I will choose to celebrate how wonderful you are, not dwell on the fact that you aren't here. 8 years will go by fast anyways, plus I am praying for early retirement!!! In the meantime, stay healthy. Eat lots of fiber. Drink lots of water. Go on walks. I need you to be around for a long long time to come.

I love you Dad. XOXOXO

Your daughter.

2 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

What a sweet tribute to your father. I wish I could say similar things about mine. (not that he's a rotten guy, just we're not close at all)

Blessings,
Sasha

sister sheri said...

Patti! Thanks for sharing your dad with us! What a wonderful tribute.