Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday Ramblings

Friends, my heart is heavy. The beauty of blogging is that the world is free to see how you live, what's on your mind, etc. The bummer of blogging can be that the world is free to see how you live, what's on your mind, etc. Translation = there are only so many details that can be discussed on my blog, not knowing who for sure is reading it. :) But you know what? That is okay? If I were truly free to vent on here it might be tempting to wallow in self pity, take on a victim mentality, seek affirmation from all of you while slandering the "offending party". Instead, I will keep praying about this "thorn" and repeat to myself, "for when I am weak, then I am strong". I must be getting really strong because I sure feel weak. Brett and I haven't been sleeping well this week, have had upset stomachs, just overall feelings of stress. And we don't get stressed easily, life is too short to waste time and emotions on silly things like worry. I want what's best in this situation, I don't want my pride to get in the way (which is SO easier said then done at times), and I want the Lord to intervene. Ugh. It is just no fun in the meantime. Your prayers are appreciated. :)


But you know what IS fun???? Finding good deals on Craigslist!!! Look what Brett brought home the other day on his way home from work.....

How cute is this??? For a whopping $10!!!!!!

The family selling the bikes had twins so there were two bikes. Brett bought them both, $10/each. They were just so cute and we figured that we could give one to one of Emersyn's little friends or we could keep one at our house so that when her little friends come over, they can ride bikes together. Of course, Emersyn is NO where near being able to ride these trikes. We put her on it for fun and her feet aren't even CLOSE to the pedals. Still, it was such a good deal, too good of a deal to pass up in fact!! I thought these pics were really cute, Brett took them. He is a great photographer, I love his patience for our camera. I need to take some notes in that department.

Something else that is fun: we signed up Emersyn for SWIMMING LESSONS!!!!!! Oh my word, how cute is she going to be in the pool with the other babies!??! Clearly the cutest!!! Her lessons start at the end of June are are 30 minutes, twice a week. Brett is going to be in the pool with her on Tuesdays and I will do Thursdays. We are so so excited. Emersyn's first activity!!!!! I loved signing her up and seeing her name on the registration. I still can't believe that she is mine.

My mom left town yesterday, which was sad of course, but she is coming back for Emersyn's birthday so that is something to look forward to!!! Shortly after my mom left, my friend Tiffany and her little boy Riley came over to our house and are staying with us for a few days. Tiffany watched Ems yesterday afternoon and it sounds like they had a good time. It is crazy observing Riley and knowing that Emersyn isn't far from his age at all, he just turned 12 months. He is a doll and I SO wish that we lived closer so that I could watch him grow up but the magic of digital pictures and blogging will have to be good enough. Last night Tiffany and I went out to dinner and had a girls night while Brett stayed home with the babies. While I was at dinner, Brett texted me and said "Just looking at Ems makes me like you more". I nearly melted into a pile of goo, words of affirmation are probably my BIGGEST love language. It was just too sweet and I love my husband so much. Tiffany and I went to Gustav's, one of our favorite places. We had Chicken Schnitzel with potato pancaks. A M A Z I N G. It was fun to chat and catch up with each other. We got home around 9 and then watched "So You Think You Can Dance" with Brett. Love that show!!!!

Today Emersyn is with her future BFF, Sanjana Georgette and her mama, Miss Amancia. They are having SO much fun, I am sure, and for that my heart is happy. Emersyn just loves being around other kids and it is healthy for her to have good social interaction. I know she is in good care today and there is no better feeling as a mama.

Happy Thursday everyone!!!!

2 comments:

mosaicmama said...

the girls ARE having fun. i already have more pics to download! emersyn loves sanji's asian dolly, she's telling her a story right now ;)

sister sheri said...

I sooo agree with you! Sometimes I wish I could blog anonymously... but that would come without self-control... not pretty for me!

I am so Words of Affirmation. It can also be a thorn... especially when I don't get any comments, but God reminds me that He has already given me the Big Book of Affirmation... His Word!

The bikes are too cute. I love how you love your man.

I'll be praying about that thorn. I was just pruning my roses... the thorns were trying to stop me, but I didn't stop. I know with proper pruning they'll be even more blossoms to breathe in their aroma. So, I'm praying that you'll be found with plenty of blossoms that produce an aroma pleasing to the Lord.