Monday, June 22, 2009

Strawberry Season!!

Last weekend Emersyn and I went strawberry picking with some friends! And by Emersyn and I, I really just mean me. :) Next year will be more interactive for her. 

Baggenstos Farm in Sherwood, OR

Wearing flip flops to berry pick: not my brightest idea. It was actually a little rainy out so I got pretty dirty!


Emersyn sat tight in her stroller while Mama picked. 

13lbs of strawberries, not too shabby! They were $1.25/lb. Since we had such an abundance, we decided to get adventurous and make some freezer jam. From what we read, it was pretty easy! Turns out, it is true!!

Ems decided to help with the jam making process. Aren't her little short overalls adorable? I couldn't get over how much she looks like a real little girl in them, no longer an infant. 

Mashing up the strawberries!
Ta-da!! On the left, 9 jars (although only 8 are pictured) of freezer jam. On the right, 7 jars of strawberry sauce which will be amazing on ice cream, cake, pancakes, etc. 

I haven't tasted the freezer jam yet, I have been meaning to but keep forgetting. I am sure it is delicious though. Brett had some and gave it a thumbs up! 

Berry picking was a lot of fun, I plan to pick some more this summer. Raspberries and blackberries are two of my favorite things, can't wait until they are in season!

2 comments:

Katie said...

The overalls are adorable and the freezer jam looks delicious!

Lori said...

Ok now I am hungry, how awesome.