Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thursday Tid Bits

*What's a post without pictures, right? Through out my tid bits, I have uploaded pics from Emersyn's play date with Estella on Sunday afternoon. :)

*This morning Emersyn had her two year old check up! She weighs 26.1 pounds (48th %), 36 inches tall (94th %) and her noggin' is 15 inches around (98th %). I love my tall, slim little bobble headed child!! The dr. was impressed with her vocabulary and ability to form sentences and use them correctly, like "bless you mommy" "I eat dinner first" or my least favorite "no mommy work!". The dr. advised that I keep Emersyn on whole milk for awhile longer, even though we techincally could have transitioned her by now. My mommmy instinct said to keep her on whole milk and it was right. :) My poor baby had to get FOUR shots (one was a make up shot from last time) and I am praying that she isn't under the weather as a result. She was not pleased with four pokes but quickly got over it with the help of three stickers. :)

*One of Emersyn's new bestie's was born this afternoon!!!! (Obviously I am assuming they will be besties but odds are good) Welcome Sophia Rose, we can't wait to meet you!!!

*We are going to the zoo tomorrow morning for a picnic with Estella and her parents and I am so excited!! There is a new monkey exhibit that I have been wanting to check out. After the zoo, we are going to take a meal to my friend/hair dresser who just had a baby last week. I can't wait to hold baby Tyler. Then tomorrow afternoon, we have a birthday party for our neighbor's three year old. Fun fun family Friday planned!!

* I got an exciting phone call from my mama this afternoon....I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say more yet but I'll keep you posted. ;)
* I got some champagne grapes at Costco today. Have you ever had them? They are tiny sweet grapes that are DELISH. I am using them in a fruit salad for my friend's meal and plan on enjoying some myself. I imagine Emersyn will dig them too. :)

*Emersyn is going to start having weekly playdates with one of her little buddies, Rowen and his baby sister Charlotte. I am so so excited for her to hang out at their house while mama works! :)

*Brett and I have determined what Emersyn is going to dress up as at her buddy's harvest themed birthday party and it is so stinkin' cute (but also a surprise). :)
*I'm thinking that tomorrow is going to be the date that we have our first pumpkin spice latte of the season. Brett and I always have the first one together; it's tradition.

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Love your Pumpkin Spice tradition. Not extremely fond of the Pumpkin Spice myself. I know, what's wrong with me?!?!? But having fun, semi-nonsensical things like that with your hubby is the greatest, isn't it?
I love being IN LOVE with MY hubby. I feel sorry for those that don't like their spouses.
May God bless your coffee date and the rest of your Friday day!

Melissa said...

ohmygosh, Patti, i am LOVING these pics!!! I love the ones of Emersyn & her friend outside...especially the holding hands ones. SO SWEET!

OurLittleBlessingS said...

i love these pics! so sweet!!
what a great tradition:)
jess

Vanessa said...

I would like to just say, for the record, that Audrey's head was 15.25 inches AT BIRTH. THINK ABOUT THAT!!!! hahahahahaha!

Love you friend! I can't believe I haven't seen you in Sooooooo long!

LeAnna said...

Those two are so incredibly adorable together! I hope they always remain the best of friends, what an awesome foundation they already have!

Mmm, pumpkin spice latte sounds GOOD. Unfortunately it's still hotter than blazes and humid as all get-out here, so I keep holding off on the autumnish stuff. I did drink hot cocoa while it rained yesterday. Felt real adventurous of me. ;) Have a great weekend, lady!

sister sheri said...

Love the pix of those two precious girlfriends! Can't wait for my first Pumpkin Spice, too!

Jen and Tyson said...

Patti Emersyn is so dang cute! looking at these pictures make me happy!!