Thursday, September 30, 2010

One day at a time!


Thanks so much for all your sweet thoughts and prayers regarding my post yesterday. It's so nice to know that you're not alone in your struggles and I so so appreciate it. :)

Last night I went to Starbucks and bawled my eyes out writing a letter to my grandma. It felt good to write but was also very challenging. How do you put into words how much someone means to you? I thanked her for so many things in my life and gave her my blessing to "go" when she felt like she needs to. My brother and I both wrote letters and I'm so glad that Gigi knows how we feel about her.

Today is a new day and for that I am grateful.

My bff is still in town and we had a coffee date this morning complete with some magazine reading (FUN!) and then pedicures. When we arrived at the nail salon, the Food Network was on the big flat screen TV and it was fun to watch. Then the salon manager lady put in a movie and I'm thinking, oooh maybe a fun chick flick.


I was wrong.


She put in "Jackie Chan's: Kung Fu Master" complete with English subtitles.


Why!?!?!?


Geez.


In other news, today is one of Emersyn's little buddy's birthdays!! Happy birthdy sweet Ellie! This was Ems and Ellie at one of their first playdates....


Look at them now!



(Ems the jelly bean bandit....she's obsessed with candy now, a-thank you Sarah!! Ha ha, just kidding...okay, I'm half kidding...ha ha)



Ellie's mom Sarah hosted a DARLING birthday party this past weekend, complete with games, favors, the whole nine yards. Emersyn played her first party game, "pin the flower on Minnie". It was adorable. We have a (VERY overdue) playdate scheduled on Saturday with Sarah and Ellie and I can't wait! Sarah is a breath of fresh air in my life and Emersyn and Ellie are just too sweet together.

I decided to leave work today to Skype with my parents and Gigi this afternoon before it got too late for them. I felt an urgency in my heart and needed to follow it. It was good to see my Gigi on the screen. I could see how tired she is. Emersyn, Brett and I all chatted with the three of them and it was nice. I spoke with my mom afterwards and said that at this point, it won't be long. I'm praying for peace for my parents today, I wish they didn't live so far away.

On a more cheerful note, here is a pretty cute pic of me and my Gigi....



3 comments:

Melissa said...

aw, i like that last pic. i'm so sorry, patti. will be praying for y'all.

girl said...

I think you are WONDERFUL! :) I can't wait to see you on Saturday!

sister sheri said...

Love the pic... and love the idea of the letter.

Well, at least the Kung Fu movie didn't make you cry?