Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tuesday BlogHop- Favorite Book!

Book Club- November 2009

This past Fall I felt the Lord prompting me to start up a book club for the Young Adults ministry at our church. I am SO glad that I did! I have had such a great time connecting with these amazing women and others that weren't there the night that we took the picture!

We have been reading "Crazy Love" by Frances Chan. I think that books about "religion" can be a really trendy thing sometimes. It's not so much the book that I am into, it's how challenging it is and how much it makes me think about my own faith.

I really recommend it for anyone who is feeling like their faith is stale or just wants to be challenged!


MckLinky Blog Hop





5 comments:

Ruthie Denise said...

I love your blog. The book club idea is a good one.

Unknown said...

The book sounds great! Your book club looks fun too.

Krafty Max Originals said...

Here are my favorite books.... When I was a little girl my father would sit on the couch with me in his lap and read two books to me, one was Where the Wild Things Are. Between these two books I learned how to read and how to face life. Between these pages and my dad's voice is my childhood.


The other book that was read to me and brings back memories is The Frog and the Toad. This book also keeps my mind and memories alive.

sister sheri said...

I love the idea of a book club... and I can't wait to get my hands on a copy of the book. You are one amazing lady!

Angie Vik said...

I'm bloghopping today and enjoyed looking around. That's so neat that you started a book club. I'd love to go to a church book club. I haven't heard of the book you liked but will keep an eye out for it.
God bless.