Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekend recap.....

We had a fun weekend, with the exception of my darn sore throat! I started to feel that itchy scratchy uh-oh feeling on Thursday evening and on Friday morning, it was a full blown sore throat. It lingered for the entire weekend and even still today a little bit. :( I went to the dr. but they did a strep test and confirmed that is isn't strep. I am thankful for that since I didn't want Emersyn to get sick but still, I had hoped for an answer. Instead, I got the vague "it appears that you have a virus" speech which really is a code for "there is nothing we can do for you". Bummer!

Anyways, back to our fun weekend......

First off, Emersyn is teething again and it is really bothering her this time, more then any other time I can remember....

This is her sad "poor-me-I-am-teething-and-in-pain" face. Don't you just want to give her a hug and kiss and make it all better??

Despite her teething issues, we were determined to have a fun weekend enjoying the sunshine! :) On Saturday we went to a baby shower for Vanesa, a girl that I used to mentor while she was in high school and involved in our church's youth ministry. It was fun to get to see her and her family and celebrate her upcoming new arrival, Aviyeh!

My favorite little monkey with her favorite little monkey. :)

Emersyn and Amariya, the future big sister!


Emersyn and Yvette, Vanesa's sister. She is also pregnant and due with a little girl to be named Emma. The sisters are 3 or 4 days apart in their due dates, how crazy is that?

Saturday evening we went to a shopping center in the Bethany area that has a fountain to play in with our friends, the Kaushals! We grabbed dinner at Subway and took it down to the fountain to eat while the kids played.


We got Emersyn this umbrella stroller in anticipation of some travel this Fall and Winter. Her Uppa stroller is fantastic but not one we want to lug back and forth in an airport, nor risk getting beat up from checking it. I love the hot pink color of the stroller, I think Emersyn likes it too!


Enjoying the fountain!



Yay for the beautiful weather!!

1 comment:

LeAnna said...

The pictures of her in her little bathing suit and hat are just too darn cute. I love going to baby showers, baby stuff is a blast to buy and gawk at. :)