Thursday, July 2, 2009

The Grand Lodge

Sunday evening we celebrated Emersyn's 10 month birthday at the Grand Lodge in Forest Grove. It is seriously the COOLEST place. We used to go here often for the cheap movies! You could watch a cheap movie AND eat dinner for $20 easily! Such a fun date. Well, since we now are parents of a "minor", the theater/pub isn't an option for us unless the movie is before a certain time. SO we decided to take advantage of another fun aspect of the campus, the Yardhouse Pub and Frisbee Golf Course!


We each got cheeseburgers and fries, which by the way were phenomenal. McMenamin’s (the owner) has the BEST burgers and fries, by FAR. Yes, even better then Five Guys Tiffany!

Someday when she is walking, Emersyn will very much enjoy running around this place!

While we waited for our food, we played “soccer” with Emersyn.


After dinner, we decided to go play Frisbee and then take some 10 month pictures of our sweet girl. Emersyn was very amused at us playing Frisbee in her stroller. We took her out of her stroller and let her sit on the grass and have a Frisbee of her own.
She promptly inserted the Frisbee into her mouth.

Did I expect anything less? No. :)

I love this hoodie sweater on her...it was getting a little chilly and I thought she needed it. Daddy did not agree. Mommy's know best sometimes though!

Watching Mommy and Daddy play Frisbee!
We got some really cute shots of Emersyn. And by we, I mean Brett. He is SO much more patient with the camera then I am. After seeing some of these pictures though, I am more inspired to learn. None of these pictures are edited which I think is impressive.



My 10 month old sweetheart. :)
On a totally unrelated note, I just wanted to say thank you to all my blog and “in real life” friends that follow my blog and keep up with us and Emersyn. It is such a blessing to have you encourage me with comments and I want you to know that no comment goes unappreciated and I value each of you VERY MUCH!!
Happy Thursday!!

5 comments:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Those ARE good photos! Good light and of course an adorable subject. :)

You give me my baby fix daily, and for that, my husband and my ovaries thank you...

Amy Liz said...

Love the pics!!! I need to find out where this place is...it looks like fun. :)

Katie said...

Brett is very talented with the camera. I wish we had a place like that here. My college roommate is from Tualatin, and I visited her a few times and I just loved it. There are so many neat places and community type activities.

Have a great 4th!

Anonymous said...

Travis is now obsessed with Five Guys, so funny. I asked him what he wanted for dinner tonight and he said "Five Guys" (we just had it on Friday). Such cute pictures of Emers, she is so sweet! Miss you friend!

Kim said...

Such a sweet heart! ♥