Sunday, July 19, 2009

Not My Child Monday!



One of my favorite blogs, www.mycharmingkids.net, does a fun Monday tradition called "Not Me Monday" where you can recall the fun events of the week, usually surrounding parenting in a somewhat sarcastic and witty way. I normally don't take part because I just don't consider myself to be witty enough. However, this week it is "Not My Child Monday" and I just so happened to have a little experience at swimming lessons that falls under this category, as well as a little "Not Me" mixed in.

On Thursday, I picked up Emersyn from her Nana's house and we headed off to swim lessons. In an effort to save time, I changed Emersyn into her swim suit and swim diaper before we left. We drove about 25 minutes to the aquatic center. Upon arriving at the aquatic center, I got all our gear and unbuckled Emersyn. She was SOAKED. Like beyond SOAKED. Apparently her swim diaper has a capacity and she exceeded it. Her car seat was soaked too. Fantastic. And I certainly did NOT only bring ONE swim diaper with me, that would be just silly! I am ALWAYS prepared for anything and my diaper bag NEVER lacks of the essentials, such as wipes and, oh I don't know....DIAPERS!!!

So we march into the swim center to the family locker room where I did NOT put my urine soaked daughter on the bench while I changed into my swimsuit. Once I was changed, I put on my swim suit cover up and we went into the hallway where the lockers are. Emersyn, at that point, did NOT proceed to pee on me, all over my cover up, my leg and my foot..... nope, NOT MY CHILD! And I certainly did not just pretend to NOT notice the cascade of liquid coming from her swimsuit as other people walked by, NOT ME! I took off my freshly peed on cover up and stuffed it into the locker, along with my other valuables and then Ems and I walked down the hall to the showers so that we could attempt to rinse off the lovely pee bath that we had just taken.

The end.

The moral of the story: don't change Emersyn into her swim diaper until right before we get into the pool. Oh, and bring more then one swim diaper!

5 comments:

mosaicmama said...

getting bodily fluids (and sometimes solids, ew i know) is just a mama right of passage, especially in public! but today i thought of you and hoped i wouldn't find a wet carseat since i have to save time to get to our early swim lesson and i too put sanj in her swim diaper before we left. but i brought several extra and hoped for the best!

Anonymous said...

That's hillarious...I'm sure not in the moment though. Yeah, our swim coach told me the first day to wait until the last minute to change him. I'm pretty sure he peed on me right before we got in the pool, I felt warm :-)

LeAnna said...

Oh my goodness, crack me up. Of course, I say that and it will be me getting soaked in public next. Don't you hate it when you forget stuff?? Like, essential stuff?

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

Those swim diapers are pointless. Madison peed on me on more than one occasion on the way into class. It just ran right out. YUCK!
To make you feel better I had a poop blow out on my shirt and arm at a picnic this weekend. Luckily another baby their did the same thing to someone else holding him.
Oh the things to go through as moms.

Kayleen said...

Disposable swim diapers are not waterproof! They are only meant to contain solids, but not to absorb anythign else. I have better luck with cloth dipes that I use for swim dipes. Contain everything!