Thursday, July 23, 2009

ME

Most of my blog revolves around the happenings of a certain little girl. But I feel like it's been awhile since I have talked about what's going on with ME! :) Not that there is anything overly exciting going on, but still......

In honor of myself, I shall use my favorite format of all time to recap what's going on with me, myself and I.....the bullet points!!!!!!
  • I am love love lovin' Summer! It has been REALLY hot lately but we have done a good job of getting outside and enjoying my FAVORITE part of Summer....the evenings!!! Emersyn is at a really fun age and as much as I can't believe I am saying this, I am excited for her to walk. She will be able to enjoy the fountains and water features so much more once she can stand on her own. Plus, I am pretty sure chasing a toddler is a good workout plan, don't you think??
  • I am still working on my Summer Bible Study; Me, Myself and Lies. Do I spend enough time doing this study? NO. Does that make me a failure? NO. Does that mean I should try to make it more of a priority? YES!
  • I have pretty much forgotten how to cook dinner. I think that in the summers, I feel that everything should be grilled and that is Brett's job so it makes meals pretty simple. But we are bad about eating at home consistently. We can eat out for pretty cheap, most places have kids meals that are fantastic, such as Baja Fresh! But we so prefer eating at home so I am hoping to get back on my game and and start planning more often. It's that never ending quest to become more domestic, ya know? :) Plus, it is/was fun to post a new weekly recipe on my blog! I loved seeing all the new recipes on the Blog Hop yesterday. Some of them are on my list to try for sure!!
  • Emersyn's first birthday party is about a month away! The invites have been designed by a fabulous gal on Etsy and then I had them printed through ArtsCow.com. If you join ArtsCow.com, you can get tons of free prints, you just have to pay for shipping. I got 50 5x7's printed for $6.99 and in a matte print too! I decided to print her invites on photo paper versus on cardstock, much more economical. Plus, I did a trial run at Costco.com and they turned out fabulous!!!!!!! I can't believe my baby is going to be one!!! We are keeping her party very simple, just doing cake and maybe some other finger food goodies. We are having the party at a park and I am hoping that the weather is cool enough to be comfortable but warm enough for our guests to play in the water fountain! :) I can't wait to send out the invites once I get them!!! After they have been received and property ooohed and ahhhhhed over, I will post one on here so you can see the adorable-ness. In the meantime, I am working on fun goody bag ideas, and other ideas to make her party a blast. Any ideas from you experiences mama's out there?? :)
  • We are halfway through the 4th season of LOST. I am anxious to be done. That show stresses me out but I love it. It is pretty much all we watch on TV now. I am so tempted to get rid of my cable. I.am.so.over.TV. Especially with the nice weather, we would much rather be outside in the evenings then sitting on a couch being lazy! Any other LOST fans out there??
  • I have been getting some killer deals on next year's summer clothes for my little miss. It is SO fun to buy her clothes. Most of her clothes at this point have been purchased for her as gifts, which is a HUGE blessing. But it is fun for me to score some good deals and shop for my little girl, such a dream come true. There were two main things that made me SOOO excited to have a baby girl. 1) Pig tails 2) Clothes. Both of these dreams have been fulfilled!! Children's Place had an additional 40% off their sales clothes so I got some things there and Fred Meyer had an additional 60% of their sales clothes so I got some more things there. Trying not to go too overboard though, I definitely think that she has had more things then she has needed at this point and would rather focus on quality, not quantitiy. She is very blessed...not spoiled!!!! :)
  • Emersyn is almost completely weaned from nursing. I can't believe this chapter in my life is wrapping up, how quickly it flew by! Probably about a month ago I quit pumping while at work, I wasn't getting enough milk to make it worth the 30 minutes that it took to pump. Not that Emersyn isn't worth it, I just felt like it was time to maybe move on. I am now just nursing her in the mornings for her very first feeding but I have a feeling that this will soon end. She just isn't interested any more. It cracks me up, I will sit on the bed and try to nurse her but she knows that Daddy keeps the remotes for the TV and fan on his side of the bed so she is constantly lunging for them. Emersyn has done SO well with feeing issues, never had any problems taking a bottle and now she is self weaning. One thing though, formula is EXPENSIVE, dang!!!!!! I chose breast-feeding 100% for health reasons, didn't really take into account the financial aspect. But after buying her 3rd can of formula, I realized how much money we saved by nursing!! My goal was to nurse Emersyn for a year but I have heard that some babies just decide when they are ready to wean and that seems to be what is happening. I hope potty training goes just as easily someday, a Mommy can hope!! :) If I was 100% a SAHM, I would have continued nursing primarily but for such a time is this and Emersyn is happy and healthy, I couldn't ask for more!! It is still strange to not be nursing her, this activity took up much of my life for the last 10 months...seems like such a short time now.
  • We are getting SOOOO excited for our upcoming trip to Hawaii this Fall!!!!!! Lord, I need a vacation!!
  • Brett is so happy in his job which makes my heart happy. We are praying that a promotion is on the horizon for him in the near future. He is an assistant property manager right now. Once he is promoted to a property manager, we can start looking at our budget and I can focus solely on real estate and be able to be HOME with my best girl. The Lord knows that this is my heart's desire so I am waiting patiently for His timing.
  • Emersyn's new "nanny" started today. I will post a pic of the two of them soon, they are sure to be best buds. Thank you Lord for sending her our way! :)

Hmm....not sure if this update was entirely neccesary but it helped me organize my thoughts and that is part of blogging therapy, right??

Happy Thursday everyone!!!

8 comments:

Kim said...

I love that you breast fed for almost a year. I tried it, & gave up the 2nd week, just wasn't me. :) Yes that formula is wayyy expensive!

Can't wait to see photos from Emersyn's party!!! :)

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I loved this post!! You're right, we never hear much about you... Also, I am doing that same study right now. I am behind too, but NO guilt! :)

Have a great day/weekend.

Anonymous said...

Love you!
Mama

Rachelle said...

Tell Emerysen thank you for the post card that she sent us... so cute. When I first started reading it I was so confused (I didn't see the picture on the other side)... but what a cute idea! It is hanging on my fridge right now. Tell her to come over soon for another play date with Gracie!

Julieta said...

Well Pati, I hope you and your pretty daughter are very well. You didn't appear in my blog anymore :(
Summer? wowwww Enjoy it!
Here we had the coldest day in the year :/ I spent the hole day making a scarf on my own and watching tv in bed.
Well.. I send you a lot of kisses and I invite you to visit my blog :)
Kisses and hace a nice end of the week :)

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

I think it is to cute that a blog about you had Emersyn in almost every bullet. Love it! That is the sign of a mom who loves her girl. Isn't it amazing how almost every aspect of our life is about them. So fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog :) We are practically neighbors! That is, til I move... I've enjoyed my visit to your blog- I love finding Jesus loving mamas too!!!

LeAnna said...

I agree about the TV! After my husband and I got married, we agreed to never start up cable, and I am so glad. We watch the news and that is about it, there are so many other fun things to do. :)
I will probably boo-hoo my eyeballs out when Quade is ready to wean. We had such a rough go of things, it took us 3 weeks to get the hang of nursing, I'm really praying he will nurse for at least a year (okay, and partly because formula IS expensive! My cousin told me she spends 250 bucks a month on it. Eek!) Thanks for sharing the birthday invite info, I'll stash that away for future use! Have a great weekend!