Monday, March 2, 2009

6 Months Old!

On Saturday, my sweet baby girl turned 6 months old, can you believe it?? We had a fun weekend of family and celebration!

Friday night we had Brett's family over for dinner. The plan was to have dinner and then Brett and I were going to go to a movie. However, the movie we wanted to see was no longer playing and there wasn't anything else really worth going to. I was so bummed but it was fun to get to hang out with Brett's family instead.

Emersyn and her cousins.

Auntie Brianna
Saturday morning, my brother David and his girlfriend Jenny came over for brunch. It was fun, I made cinnamon pull-aparts (delicious!!!), scrambled eggs and hashbrowns, and a madarin orange/banana salad. We had fun hanging out and David and Jenny got some good quality time in with Miss Emersyn.
Saturday night we went to Target to get Emersyn a sippy cup for her "half birthday". She has really been interested in glasses and such lately so we decided that maybe she is ready to try something on her own. We got the kind of sippy cup that has handles on both sides though so she can easily grip it. We tested it out at the store and she seemed to know what to do with it, stick it in her mouth like she does everything else! :) At Target, Emersyn was in the cart, staring lovingly at her daddy as he pushed her. She was really smiley so Brett started playing peek a boo over the cart, saying "HI!!!". Emersyn was giggling up a storm. We just melted inside, hearing her giggle is like the most precious sound ever. She has been giggling when we tickle her, but not really a whole lot of giggling from being entertained. Anyways, I made Brett stop pushing the cart and keep playing with her so I could get a video on my cell phone. It was ADORABLE! I bet we looked like goons at Target, me with my cell phone, Brett playing peek a boo...hee hee. You would never guess we are first time parents! :) After we went to Target, we wanted to go somewhere to officially celebrate her 6 months. We thought about Coldstone but it was really cold outside so ice cream didn't sound all that great. We thought about getting dessert at a resteraunt but it was getting late and we didn't want to take too long. So......we decided to go to Krispy Kreme (don't judge me) which was just down the street from Target. We had a donut and cup of coffee and enjoyed some sweet moments, reflecting on our 6 months of parental bliss. It was really fun and relaxing and CHEAP!





Emersyn is getting really close to being able to sit up on her own!!

Sunday morning we went to church and Emersyn wore a bow in her hair for the first time. It was hanging by a thread but it stayed on for the most part. She wore a DARLING Hannah Andersson outfit that my mom got her over Christmas break, along with som fabulous tights that matched. She got a lot of compliments at church and was pretty smiley. When we got home, I did my usual Sunday afternoon photo shoot with her. I love getting pictures of her all dolled up.

Are those not the CUTEST tights you have ever seen?!?!
I can't believe that this little baby ....

.....has turned into this little baby....


I.am.so.blessed.

Happy Monday everyone!!

2 comments:

Jessica Turner said...

I love the tights

Unknown said...

your blog is the sweetest ever. seriously!