Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Last night we decided to let Emersyn sleep without a swaddle, preparing ourselves for an evening of fussing. We put her down to sleep at about 9:30 and wrapped an afghan around her that her Nana made for her long before she was born. I figured the afghan was a good option because it has holes but is warm. If she decided to sleep with it over her head, she would stay warm but be able to breathe through the holes. She normally doesn't fuss at all when we put her to bed, she sucks her binky, we wind up her birdy mobile, turn on her cd and then don't hear a peep. I am so grateful that we haven't had to do the "cry it out method" too much so far. Last night she did fuss for about 5 minutes, which is to be expected. She was probably pretty confused. Then she was out, that was it. We went and checked on her before we went to bed and she was passed out and so stinkin' cute, we could hardly stand it. She had the blanket up around her face like she was snuggling with it and looked like an angel. I stare at her and make sure her chest is rising and falling and if I can't tell, I put my hand on her stomach to make sure she is breathing. I do this at least once a night. :) Anyways, she has been waking up more then usual in the last few weeks, usually around 1:30-3 and last night she slept through until 6:30am!! Hooray for a full night's sleep for Emers and Mommy and Daddy!!!! :) I fed her at 6:30 and then put her back to bed where she slept until 9:30 which was kind of late for her. Normally she wakes up again at 8 and then goes to sleep again until 10 but this morning since she slept in, I kept her up with me, rather then putting her back down after that feeding and we had some girl time before her Nana got to our house to watch her. Emersyn loves hanging out with me in the bathroom while I take a shower. I think since our shower is glass doors, but like an etched glass so you can only see blurry figures, she keeps pretty entertained. I sing to her and play peek a boo and she is a happy little clam. I just adore her.

In other news....last night we were pretty disappointed at American Idol's performances. We did like these few though....

Liked her rendition of the Train's "Drops of Jupiter".
Thought this gal was confident and had a great voice with an interesting texture. I love the Heart song that she sang too, one of my favorites!! Carrie Underwood sang it during her season of Idol.

Okay, I gotta admit, I think he is hysterical. Seriously. I do kind of think he is making a mockery of the show but I look forward to his performances and hope he goes forward. He's got a good voice too, on top of the silly-ness.


I was not a fan of Adam before tonight, I didn't really love his theatrical feminine voice. His rendition of "Satisfaction" was great though and we were entertained.
Worst performance of the night: Jeanine Vailes...the girl with the teeny tiny shorts that sang the Maroon 5 song. It was almost too unbearable to watch. *shudder*
Looking forward to seeing who gets through tonight. I am making homemade sloppy joes for dinner tonight, along with some sweet potato fries and a spinach salad, yummy. I made pork chops last night and Brett thanked me about 100 times for them. I think I need to make him dinner more often, poor thing. He was just so sweet and grateful.
The weather is beautiful today which is strange considering we woke up to SNOW!!! I hope it is a nice day tomorrow. Emersyn and I are meeting our friends/neighbors at an outdoor shopping area tomorrow for some shopping fun. It would be nice if the weather cooperated.
Happy Thursday everyone!!

No comments: