Wednesday, February 18, 2009

We're back!

After a lovely 4 1/2 day visit to Sacramento, California, we are back! We had an amazing time seeing family and introducing Emersyn to so many people who love her SO much! Unfortunately, she caught a little bit of a cough on the airplane travelling to California but she didn't let it bring her down too much. I hate hearing her cough, it just breaks my heart. It is pretty darn cute though, she sticks her tongue way out when she coughs and it is just precious but in a sad way, if that makes sense. I will post a good and detailed account of our trip later this week. It might not be super fascniating to all of you but remember, this is my blog and I can do what I want! :) Plus, this is Emersyn's keepsake so it is important to document it all so I never forget. Stay tuned....

In other news, American Idol has me a little confused this week. I don't really get how they are keeping and eliminating people. Brett has explained it to me but it was late when we watched it last night and I couldn't really wrap my brain around it.

My thoughts....

*Stevie....poor thing. Horrible song choice and it seemed like she was trying to be "young" but it didn't work out.
*Danny Goeke..you are great. Great rendition of "Hero" even though I usually think that song is kind of cheesy. If someone with his story can find the bright side of life, we all can.
*Alexis Grace.....didn't love the song choice but I am still rooting for her. I liked her hair before it was pink though.
*Ann Marie...the "natural woman" rendition didn't work for her. Kelly Clarkson sang the crap out of that song and you can't top it. That is a fact!
*Casey Carlson.....oh. my. The winks. The hip shimmy's. The shoulder shakes. Enough said.
*The oil rig guy that sang Gavin Degraw. I liked it but was hoping to be swooned again by a country love song.
*Tatiana....still not a fan. And come to find out, her obnoxious character was nothing more then that, a character. Turns out, she was just trying to make a name for herself and that she did but not in a positive way. I have to admit, she is a good singer but I don't care for her at all.

Those are my thoughts! :)

Pics of our fun Valentine's Day/President Day weekend to come soon!

No comments: