Saturday, February 21, 2009

Baby Girl

My little girl is getting more and more independent, much to my dismay! I know I should want her to grow and gain new skills but I am having trouble letting go of her "newborn/infant" stage, which is long gone, considering she will be 6 months old one week from today.

This afternoon Emersyn went down for her nap and I swaddled her. She would have nothing of it, which is funny considering I had just swaddled her for her morning nap. I listened to her fuss for a couple minutes and realized that she wasn't just fussing, she was unhappy. I go in her room and she has one arm out of her swaddle and is pitifully whining about not being able to get her second arm out. So I sigh and proceed to rescue her arm and just wrap the swaddle around her middle. I gave her her precious baby doll that her Great Grandma Gigi gave her, thinking she would probably play with it and then toss it to the side, much like she does with pretty much any toy. However, when I went to check on her, this is what I found....




I guess she just wanted to snuggle with her baby for her nap. :)

3 comments:

Little April said...

I love sleeping baby picture, so sweet!

girl said...

Sooooo precious!!! We need to get together again soon and let the girls play. Ellie is recognizing other babies now and actually interested in toys. I agree, I miss the infant stage too, but this one is fun too. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Honey,
It seems like she is growing so fast, but she is still a Baby....an ADORABLE Baby that is.
Will be for quite a while. Soak up, absorb and enjoy every minute of THIS stage in her life and in yours. Get in as much kisses and cuddles. And bring her to her Grammy's house in between her visits to you!

I Love you.