Monday, February 9, 2009

Reflections...A Belated Birthday Blogging

Well, it's true folks. I am not getting any younger. As my 20's are rapidly dwindling, I decided to make a list of reflections, goals and random thoughts in general to commemorate my birthday last week, which was sadly spent battling sinusitis. :(

.....I am smitten with a little girl named Emersyn. Even though she kept me awake for most of the night last night because of her teething and being gassy, she is still my sweet pea.
...I love Emersyn's Daddy. He makes me laugh hysterically without even trying and that is an accomplishment. I don't consider myself easily amused.
......I want to be a wife/mama worth looking up to. Having a daughter of my own really challenges me and makes me want to be more, be better.
.....I want to take time in life to enjoy cooking. I love the idea of cooking or rather watching it on the Food Network. But when it comes to going to the grocery store, doing all the prep and clean up, I don't have the patience.
...I want more patience. I can hear my mother saying "oh no she didn't". She always told me to never pray for patience because then God will give you trying situations to be patient about. I have plenty of those situations going already so I am not worried about it.
.....I want to read more and watch TV less.
....I want to be consistent.
......I want to be good at updating this blog as a journal for Emersyn to look back on and write meaningful entries that convey how much I love her and how I long for her to have a blessed and prosperous life.
..I want to get involved with music again at church once Emersyn is done nursing, which won't be for another 6 months or so.
......I want to be a good example to my brother.
..I want to create a warm home, rich in laughter and happiness.
.....I want to make my bed every day.
...I want to be more relaxed and less uptight about things.
....I want to WANT less and DO more.

I am determined to my my 28th year of live one worth remembering and celebrating!

I will leave you with some pretty darn cute pictures of my little lady.
"My play mat is SOOOO fun!!!"
Emersyn playing Sunday after church.
I love how she plays with her legs sticking straight up and out.


Thank you for the adorable sweater dress Auntie Lou!!!

Playing with Daddy.
Emersyn will suck on anything that gets near her mouth, daddy's arm included. I don't think Brett realized that this would happen, judging from his expression! :)

3 comments:

Aimee said...

She is getting so big, Patti! I like your idea of creating a list of reflections!

Anonymous said...

I Love you, Patricia.
You are as precious to me as you think of your little girl.
How proud I am of you just being you.
Love,
Maj

The Speight Family said...

Thank you, so do you!! She is just precious! How old is she? Emerson will be 2 May 17 -- time absolutely flies!