Thursday, February 5, 2009

Sinusitis

Such a bummer. Yesterday, on my BIRTHDAY no less, I started to feel pretty icky but thought it was merely some allergy related congestion. Last night I decided to go to bed early and try to get some extra rest to feel better. I had horrible chills and no matter what I did, I couldn't get warm. It was awful. I woke up after finally falling asleep and was burning up, took a temp and it was 102. I didn't know if I could nurse Emers with a fever and she was awake fussing (as she has been this entire week about every 2 hours or so) and so I called the advice nurse and she said it was fine to nurse her. I went to the Dr. today and got a prescription for a strong antibiotic and am hoping to recover soon. I got to take a nap this afternoon, haven't done that since Emersyn was born. She is at her Nana's while I am resting. I had a to take a sick day which is a bummer but at least I have a job with paid time off at part time.

Seems like everyone I know is sick or battling sickness. We all need to wash our hands more or something!!!

5 comments:

Kara said...

Hope you feel better soon! I hear there are yucky colds/flus going around. Happy Birthday :)

Katie said...

I ran across your blog and saw the picture of your daughter, she is beautiful!

Hope you are feeling better!

Heather said...

So sorry you're sick, too! It is interesting looking at other moms' blogs. We have a special sort of connection because of our little ones! :)

Aimee said...

I am so sorry you're sick, but one question...why in the world have you not taken an afternoon nap since Emersyn's birth??? I sleep when Jameson sleeps, usually one of his naps and it feels great! Seriously, you must incorporate this. :)

Aimee said...

That's what I tell myself all the time, next baby I won't be able to do ANY of this!!!