Monday, February 9, 2009

Tha Hazards of Blog Reading

I have become quite the blog reader as of late. I found Angie Smith's blog about a year ago and since then have really been challenged and inspired by so many wise women's whose blogs I have had the priveledge of stumbling onto. The only problem is that often, those with the greatest wisdom have gone through horrific trials and tribulations usually involving some sort of loss, which is my greatest fear in life.

Today my heart is broken for this family: http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/ I found their blog through Angie Smith who requested prayer for them via her Twitter status.

I can hardly believe their story. Their little girl went to the dr. three weeks ago for what seemed to be a chronic ear infection and left the dr. with a diagnosis of stage 4 cancer on her kidney and liver. On Friday they were waiting to go home after chemo and surgery had been successful. Yesterday their sweet baby girl went to be with Jesus. She was 10 months old.

I am broken. This is not a good state of mind to be in at work, FYI.

I have to try really hard to not be so emotionally invested in these blogs, yet that is one reason that they are so compelling. I have been tempted to stop reading the sad blogs because of how affected I become. But that would be a cowardly thing to do. I can be strong and pray and intercede for these families and choose to find joy in the situation. I can go home to my own sweet little girl and thank God for her health. I can thank God for entrusting me with her and realize that she isn't mine, she belongs to Him and I merely look after her.

Thank you Lord for the precious gift that Emersyn is to me and thank you so much for picking me to be her Mommy. Please be with the McClenahan family and give them peace when I am sure they have so many feelings of mourning and heartache. Let their faith and this little girl's story touch lives and bring people to You. Help me appreciate every single moment and have faith to not worry about what life can bring.

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear..."Psalms 46:1

No comments: