Thursday, February 19, 2009

Emersyn's First Valentine's Day/Trip to California!

We had such a lovely time in Sacramento this past weekend. My dad’s family is all there including my Grandma and Grandpa; my dad’s sister; my dad’s brother and his wife and his kids, including my cousin Michelle whom I am very close to and her two kids. Needless to say, we had a lot of people to see in a relatively short period of time! We had such a blast though.

We left on Friday morning and got into Sacramento at about noon. My Grandma and Grandpa picked us up and took us to lunch at Applebee’s. Emersyn did great on the plane and we were fortunate enough to be able to take her car seat on board with us so that she got her own seat. Score! After lunch we headed over to my Aunt and Uncle’s house in Elk Grove. They have a beautiful home and a yard that looks like it belongs in a magazine, it just stunning. Emersyn met her Great Uncle John and got reacquainted with her Auntie Marti. Marti had come to visit us in October when Emersyn was still tiny. *sigh* I miss her tiny days. Anyways, we had fun just lounging around their house and meeting their bird, Beazer. Emersyn was very intrigued by the bird, it was really cute. Beazer knows how to say a variety of phrases and was very entertaining to watch. Emersyn had fun playing with her Auntie Marti on the floor too and gazing out the windows at the beautiful scenery.


Saturday was Emersyn’s first Valentine’s Day. Could she be any cuter?? Thank you Grammy for the darling VDay outfit with matching bib, of course!!



We started off the morning right by enjoying a Starbucks with Uncle John and Aunt Marti. Then we headed to the Folsom Outlets where we exchanged a darling little outfit that Marti had gotten Emersyn that was too small. Since it was a nice sunny day in California, it was only fitting that Emersyn get her first pair of sunglasses, which were actually Uncle John's idea!

My little California girl. :)

We had a delicious Valentine's Day Lunch at the Claim Jumper where I got my favorite lunch in the world, the BBQ chicken pizza and spinach salad combo. Amazing!!! My cousin Michelle joined us for lunch. After lunch we said goodbye to Uncle and Auntie and went with Michelle to see "Confessions of a Shopaholic" which was cute and clean, a great combo. Emersyn passed out on Brett during the movie which was very cute.

Valentines Day dinner was originally going to be some salmon at my cousin's house but we decided to do something more laid back....In'N'Out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So good, probably a good thing that there isn't one nearby because it is my favorite! I asked for a hat to take a picture of Emersyn in after we ordered our burgers and they said that they don't give out the hats anymore because of the waste. I begged and pleaded and in the end, they let me borrow one. Yay!

Emers and Daddy, looking very festive on VDay!

That night we stayed with my cousin at her house in Roseville. The next day, Sunday, we had breakfast and hung around her house, played the Wii, and then I was treated to a belated bday pedicure!!!!!! Amazing!! Brett and Emers went and had a Starbucks date while we were getting our nails done. That evening we went to my Aunt's house in Roseville which is also beautiful, could be a model home with it's gorgeous decor. I have so many fun memories with my Aunt Debbie growing up, it was so fun to be able to share my daughter with her. She had bought a sweet toy for Emersyn to play with at her house, a darling blue Elephant that had lots of fun parts to explore and of course, chew on. We named the elephant "bob" since that is Emersyn's favorite thing to say as of late, "babababa". Emersyn went to sleep at we stayed up with my aunt, chatting and watching TV. She has like every celebrity gossip magazine known to man so I was in heaven. We went into the guest room to find a very comfortably sleeping Emersyn....


Monday we went shopping at a really cool mall called "The Galleria" in Roseville. Aunt Debbie spoiled Emersyn at "The Children's Place" and "Gymboree". She also got Emersyn.....

....her first pair of Converse!!!!!!!!!!!

The cute thing is, Aunt Debbie got me MY first pair of Converse when I was in Jr. High. Very special and they are so stinking adorable. They are a little big on Emers right now but will be fun to watch her grow into!!!

Monday night we went over to my grandparents house where we had a lovely dinner and some fun taking pictures with Emersyn.


My Grandma is so cute and stylish, like much of my family really!


We took lots more pictures but this is all I have had time to go through so far. Tuesday we had lunch at a mall and then headed to the airport to go home. Brett's mom picked us up and then came inside our house to hang out with Emerysn when we got home because she had missed her so much. We got this cute picture of Emersyn's ever growing hair...

To all our family in California, thank you so much for allowing us to stay with you and share our daughter with you. Thank you for the meals, the special treats, and for spoiling us all! I so wish what we lived closer but luckily, you are just a plane ride away. Come visit us!!!! Emersyn, Brett and I miss you already!!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Emeryson is so cute! It's sad when you see they're starting to be more independent. I still rock my daughter to sleep every night and she's 19 months, but that's the only time she will voluntarily sit in my lap.

I really want to see Confessions of a Shopaholic- is it really worth it?