Monday, March 9, 2009

Emersyn Update

Emersyn has picked up some new talents as of late…..

*She learned to spit/gurgle and thinks it’s hilarious. I was upstairs the other day and I could hear her and Daddy spitting and gurgling and having a good old time. When they came upstairs, Emersyn’s entire front of her shirt was soaked, as well as Brett’s shoulder where she was snuggling. She likes to spit and talk too so if she is really happy she will kind of spit/gurgle and "talk". It is really cute actually. I know she thinks she is so sassy because she can make spit bubbles now.

*Emersyn has learned how to tilt her head from side to side. It is really funny. If you look at her and then tilt your head, she will look back at you, kind of get a concentrated look and then tilt her head the same way. She likes to show off this skill. Last week at Sunday night church we were sitting around tables discussing questions and Emersyn was sitting on my lap, tilting her head from side to side to side. Everyone was cracking up. Too cute.

*As already posted below, Tuesday night Emersyn had her first sippy cup experience! (Breastmilk) We got her some soft tipped cups because we thought they might be easier for her to figure out. I warmed it up and then dangled it in front of her to get her excited and sure enough, it worked. She grabbed it from me and knew right what to do with it. She was having trouble holding it up so we laid her down and she drank the whole thing by herself. It was kind of strange, I was reading on a chair and Brett was reading in the living room and Emers was eating on the couch next to him. She was pretty much self sufficient! Crazy. I don’t see her eat often unless she is eating from me. Daddy and Nana give her bottles and have begun to observe her holding it herself for short periods of time. I don’t love pumping since I have to do it at work so often so I rarely pump at home and let her drink a bottle. Plus, my dr. told me that Emersyn can get much more milk then a pump can. Milk is a hot commodity around my house since I am back at work.


*Emers has been rolling from her back to her tummy a lot on her play mat which is relatively new for her. It is easier for her to do then to roll on her back. Her little arms seem to get in the way when she tries to roll from her tummy to her back.


*We are very close to sitting up on our own. I am really hoping that she will be sitting up on her own by Easter so she can get some cute sitting up pictures in her Easter dress. If she isn't there yet, that is okay, no pressure on my little lady to grow up too quickly!

*Emersyn is giggling a lot more now. Last night she was so tired and Brett was putting her in her jammies. He always plays peek-a-boo with her when he changes her diaper, he puts the new clean diaper on her face and yanks it off really quick and says “BOO!”. Last night when he was playing with her she was laughing hysterically. So fun and cute. She really is a happy girl.


We just love our girl more and more everyday. To know the love of a parent and child really puts into perspective how much God loves and cares for us. Last night we were playing with Emersyn in our bed and Brett and I laid on his pillow together and put Emers in the middle of our tummy's. Emersyn looked at each of us back and forth and was so excited, like she couldn't figure out how to look at both of us at the same time. It was really sweet and I love her little smiles and giggles.


I have really been savoring my days off with Emers. I don't turn on the tv as much and limit my time on the computer to when she is sleeping. I have been reading to her more, playing with her, going on walks, and just enjoying her in general. I feel like her newborn stage went by so fast, I know that the rest of her life will be like that and I want to take it all in each day.


Friday I went to a "Meetup" group in Hillsboro that I found for new mom's that want to walk. There were about 10 moms and babies that met up at the Hillsboro library and we walked the trails around the area, 3 miles total. It was fun to walk and chat and it went by really fast. I hope to be able to do that more often, walking is so good for you. It was a beautiful, chilly sunny day on Friday and now as I look outside my office window, it is snowing and the ground is white! This weather is WEIRD.


Yesterday, Brett's mom and I went to pick out fabric for Emersyn's Easter dress. Nana is going to make it but I designed it.









These are the two fabrics we are using. It isn't a very traditional Easter dress look but I found the striped fabric above and thought it looked like a sweet little whimsical Easter egg. Emers is going to look cute and the dress is going to be ADORABLE!! I can't wait!!! Emerysn looks so pretty in blues and greens too. She has a LOT of pink so I decided to try another color palate. The fabric store had SUCH fun fabrics, I wish I was crafty and could sew!! Maybe someday....

I will try to post some updated pics later this week!

Happy Monday!!

P.S. I am trying to win a blog makeover at this fabulous lady's website!! You too can win a makeover, check her out!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there! I just wandered on your blog. Your daughter is beautiful. She sounds like quite the little joy to have too. I love her name! Emersyn was on my list too.

I love the fabric you picked. It's going to make a beautiful dress. I'd like to subscribe to your blog and see how it turns out if that's okay.
:)