Thursday, March 12, 2009

Delicious!


Slowly but surely we are expanding Emersyn's diet with baby food. I have every intention of making her food, however, this organic brand only consists of organic produce and water as the ingredients. Pretty darn close to homemade! Emersyn has had applesauce, all natural of course, and now sweet potatos. She got SUPER excited about the sweet potatos. She was lunging for the bowl and as I brought the bowl closer to feed her, she grabbed it and was sucking on the side of it, like she was trying to drink it. Brett and I were dying laughing. So cute. Last night I got a box of baby food in this brand with sweet potatos, a apple pear mixture and a turkey veggie mix. We are giving her new foods and sticking to them for four days, making sure that no allergies are popping up. I had extreme food allergies accompanied with eczema as a baby and I am hoping that Emersyn does not take after me in this regard. She does have eczema but it is managed with intense moisturizing and sometimes a topical steroid cream.
Adding baby food to the mix sure changes things. I have to plan ahead now, allowing time for her to eat. She has always been a quick nurser, thank the LORD. I have friends whose baby's nursed for 15+ minutes on each side and that would make me crazy. Emersyn eats both sides in about 10 minutes. On the days when Emers is with her Nana, I have to pack food for her in addition to bottles. It is all very grown up and exciting. It will be fun when she is eating "real food" with us someday.
Now that Emersyn is sitting up, I am so excited to take her someplace and have her sit in a high chair!!!!!! We have a gift card to Olive Garden, we may just need to use that for this reason!
Tonight we are getting together with our neighbors/friends. We have been hanging out with them for almost two years now, it is crazy. They just invited us over for dinner one day and we hit it off! We share a love for delicious food and "The Office", therefore most Thursday nights are dinner and "Office" nights with our two families. We take turns alternating between bringing dessert and dinner. Tonight we are bringing dinner. Salmon, rice pilaf and spinach salad, delicious! Sherrie is a great cook too, I can't wait to see what she has in store for dessert.
The weather is supposed to be nice tomorrow. I am excited! We are going to have a coffee date with Miss Mindy and then we are joining our walking group for a late afternoon walk at a nearby park. The sun gets in Emers eyes though, I feel so bad. She does have her snazzy sunglasses but I am thinking that a hat or sun bonnet of some sort is in her future. Yay for girly accessories!! :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Baby food! Now comes the really fun poop!

Spence ate Earth's Best- she's on an organic diet, too. Thanks for voting on the dress!

Melissa (5M Creations) said...

Madison was a 45min nurser every 2-3hrs. Yep nursing is all I did.
Solids are so much fun. I think I took a picture of her with each new food we introduced to see if I could get an even better reaction than the last. Not sure that will happen with the boys though. Hehe!

Nieman Family said...

I read your comment on Nitty Gritty. So thought I'd click on over...Your blog is Great. I love all the pictures. She is a doll. Best luck in raising the lil one.