Monday, March 16, 2009

The Joy of Swinging

On Friday I went on a walk with my new mom's walking group at a nearby park in Hillsboro. It was a beautiful sunny day, temps even got up to 60 degrees, which was a nice burst of warmth for what has been an extra chilly winter. At the park, I noticed these swings and thought I would put Emersyn in them and see what she thought.....



SHE LOVED IT!!!! Look at my little fearless girl, holding on like a big girl!! I didn't even put her hands on the handles, she just grabbed them!!

She was giggling and having a good old time. I took about a thousand pictures but the camera was on a weird setting with a slow shutter speed and it took me forever to figure out how to fix it. I captured a couple cute moments though.

Emersyn and Samantha, swinging buddies.



My favorite picture. Ever. I love the sheer joy on her face. It makes me want to take her to the park every minute of the day just to see this sweet face. This weekend was cold and rainy and icky. Sunshine, come back soon!!!
We had a fun weekend, my brother David and his girlfriend Jenny came over for dinner on Saturday. We had meatloaf, per his request, which I had never made before. It was delicious! I used my mom's recipe and then spiced it up a little with my own touches. Emersyn is starting to react to different people differently. David went and got her up when we heard her waking up from her nap and she wasn't as happy to see him as we might have hoped. She is a little vulnerable after naps, likes to be with Mommy or Daddy. I am sure she is fine when we aren't there but when we are, she prefers us. This makes Mommy secretly happy, ha ha. I love to be needed. :)
Last night we went to Red Robin with a big group of friends and Emersyn ate solid foods in a HIGH CHAIR for the first time in public!!! I forgot my camera, what a naughty mommy. We will have to capture her high chair adorable-ness again sometime this week. She ate her cereal and baby food like a champ and all our friends thought she was too cute. After she ate, she went to sleep and let Mommy and Daddy eat dinner in peace, thank you EMERS!!!
I am feeding Emersyn solid food now three times a week. It is puzzling though, her intake has increased, but her outake has decreased, if you know what I mean. :) I will be keeping an eye on this, make sure she isn't having any problems with....outake. She hasn't every had any problems with this issue before. :)
Next week Emersyn gets her 6 month appt., although she will be almost 7 months at that point! Also, Grammy and Grandpa are coming to town, we are sooooooo excited!!!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

The pictures of your daughter are wonderful. You are right, the last one is pure joy! I still remember the first time we put our oldest in a swing, she LOVED it!

your daughter is beautiful and so is her name.

Heather from 3 under 3

sister sheri said...

Adorable photos! What joy!

She didn't have the same expression when she was in the swing in the nursery... hmmm....