Monday, March 23, 2009

Weekend Update: New Friends, New Food!


GOT MILK?
Emersyn and I had a very fun filled weekend! On Friday I decided to officially hire Emersyn as my assistant and we ran errands to get my listing ready in Hillsboro. She helped me take pictures, went to Lowes to get a lock to attach the lockbox to the front porch, and we went to Sonic for happy hour although I guess that is not technically work related.

Three bedroom townhouse listing in Hillsboro, OR. Listed for $219,000.

Friday afternoon I went over to my friend Amber’s mom’s house which is actually across the street from my parents old house! Amber, her husband and their 4 month old baby were in town from Australia and we got a change to meet each other’s baby’s. It was fun chatting with Amber and getting caught up on the last 5 years or so. Amber and I met in Jr High, weren’t huge fans of each other initially, but then got to be great friends later in high school. She was often my partner in crime later in high school when sometimes the idea of going to lunch at Old Spaghetti Factory sounded far more appealing then going back to class, hee hee. Yes, I skipped school in high school, don’t judge me.

Emersyn meeting Indi.


Emersyn has no concept of personal space.

Poor Indi's face....help!!


Friday night we had a fun evening at home. Emersyn likes to watch me while I am in the kitchen, it is really cute. She likes to peek over the couch and see what I am doing. I thought I would take a picture of her peeking at me with her daddy.

Saturday we had lunch over at my friend Amancia’s and Emersyn got to play with Sanjana…here are the girls the first time they met, Emersyn was about a week and half old and Sanji was 4 ½ months old.



They have both changed quite a bit!
It so fun now that Emersyn is sitting up, she can play so much more now. Speaking of sitting up, I sat Emersyn up in the tub for the first time this weekend. She thought she was pretty sassy. It is so nice to wash her hair and back this way.

Sunday we missed church in the morning because Emersyn had a tough time falling asleep due to a tooth she is cutting. She didn’t finally fall asleep until close to midnight which is very unusual for her and I knew that if we woke her up to leave at 7:30, she would have been miserable. I generally don’t plan my life around a schedule for her, she is very flexible and adaptable. However, Sundays are usually tough on her because they start so early for her so I decided to let her sleep in. She needed it too, she slept until 9am and then went back down after eating until almost noon.

Here are some more fun pics from our week/weekend, including Emersyn’s first experience with jello at “Sweet Tomatoes”.


"Ooh this looks interesting!!"

"Hmm...it is tricky to pick up, perhaps I will try sucking it off the plate...hmm...the plate is not jello flavored, how misleading..."

"Thanks Mama"

"I can take it from here...."

Blue jello induced sugar coma. I love it!

I love these cheeks...plus, Emersyn got another wearing out of her St. Patrick's Day headband!

Jump jump jumping!

Molly sulking by her vent as we proceed to take 1000 pictures of her "little sister". She goes to the vent when she is stressed out, no joke. I think the flash irritates her, hee hee.

Thank you Lord for my happy little bugaboo. I am so blessed.
Grammy and Grandpa are coming THIS WEEK on Wednesday, we can't wait!!!!!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I LOVE her St. Patty's Day outfit, especially the bow!

It's so cute when babies get together, and you can tell they're communicating? I love it!

Unknown said...

that is so funny about Molly. Our Rusty is the same way! He's found all sorts of corners to cram himself into when he's feeling left out. LOL

Kara said...

My best friend lives in Australia (moved there about 7 yrs ago) and she has a 1 year old named Indiana. Calls him Indy for short. Does your friend's baby have a longer name?
Also, what HS did you go to?