Wednesday, March 18, 2009

St. Patrick's Day Fun!

First of all, thank you to those who already commented on my blog below about losing our kitty. It is nice to hear people who understand and don't think it is silly to blog about a cat. :)

Despite the sadness that this day held, we were determined to still celebrate Emersyn's first St. Patrick's Day in style! I had bought her a little outfit from the Carter's outlet last year when I knew I was pregnant but didn't know what I was having so it was gender neutral and only $2. Score. I found a darling headband at Target for a dollar, thus completing Emersyn's $3 festive outfit! We aren't needing to put bibs on her as much these days, her constant spitting up has ceased for now, whoo hoo!

We went over to our good friends, Caleb and Jonette's for dinner. It was a good distraction and we had a great time eating dinner and watching Biggest Loser! Their little girl, Estella, is 8 weeks younger then Emersyn. We were able to capture some cute moments with the girls....








I love how snooty the girls look in this picture, as if they are annoyed by all the pictures!

Emersyn was digging Stella's toys....I need to find a book like this, Emersyn really loved it and it was a great teething toy.
And one other cute pic...the other day I went into Emersyn's room about 10 minutes after she had fallen asleep for a nap and this is how I found her.....

Now don't panic! This is an afghan which has numerous holes in it so she won't suffocate. At first when I saw her, my heart stopped but then I saw her chest rising and was relieved. It was really cute though and I had to get a picture to show her daddy. It seemed so intentional though, I mean, she knows how to kick the blanket off, move it, etc. I think she just wanted to shut the world out and take a snooze. Don't we all have days like this? :) I of course fixed the blanket and she proceeded to nap.
I love her. :)

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

Oh... I love the "snooty" photo!

Anonymous said...

I am considering taking a nap just like that right now. Totally shutting out the world...then again, my kids might miss me.
I have been lurking around and decided to "officially" pop in and say Hi.
I am also so sorry about your kitty. No loss is small when it comes to those you love (including furry family)