Friday, August 12, 2011

A glimpse

Today Emersyn and I went over to our friends house to hang out with one of our favorite little girls, Miss Sophia Rose. Since I knew that Sophia's mommy was headed to the opposite side of town from where I live, I offered to come over to her house and watch Sophia there. This turned out to be a great decision on my part because I had no choice but to sit and relax, versus if I were home I would have felt obligated to be productive.


The girls played SO well together and it made me SO excited to see Emersyn with her baby brother. If you had asked me the day before I took the positive pregnancy test that I took for this baby if I was ready for another child I would have laughed at you and said, NO! But the Lord's timing is incredible and even if I wasn't ready then, I am ready now and more importantly, I think Emersyn is really ready. It will be fun for her to have a little playmate.


Emersyn was very helpful and loving with Sophia and it gave me a little glimpse into my future. I'm excited to get to know Emersyn as a big sister and watch her learn and grow. I'm so excited to see my little boy but I'm also excited to see Emersyn in her new role in our family.

Ems decided to entertain Sophia with some of her favorite songs today. Here is a video of their fun times. I know these little girls are going to grow up before our eyes and it's fun to capture random moments on video. :)



P.S. The nursery is DONE!!!!!!! I'm SO stinkin' excited to take pictures and show you all but we had a crazy busy day today. I'm hoping to take some pics tomorrow or Sunday and get them posted. It turned out really cute and it makes everything so much more real. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, I know I know. :)


2 comments:

Melissa said...

She is so cute! She is going to be a great big sister! :) Can't wait to see pics of them together!!

YAY for the nursery being done! I know it's gotta be SUPER CUTE!

Rachelle said...

Loved the video! So fun seeing the girls play together. Thanks again for watching her!