Thursday, July 21, 2011

PROGRESS!!!

Yesterday one of my dear friends came over and helped me get control of the upstairs again. This is the first time EVER that I have let a friend help me with a mess. Normally I am too prideful bashful when it comes to disorganized spaces but I was desperate and know that Brett is so busy at work and I am growing more and more tired by the day. Britt helped me get the loft totally cleared out and we went through all the clothes and sorted out the NB, 0-3 and 3-6 month clothes for me to wash.

We also got the nursery put together and now all that's left really to do in there is paint over the pink stripe and add some finishing decorative touches.

Today my crafty friend (and now fellow blogger) Rachelle came over and we sewed Everett's crib blanket and crib skirt. It was SO much harder then we thought it was going to be but hey, sometimes you can only learn by trying. All that matters is that it was sewn with love by Everett's mama and potential future mother-in-law if our Sophia/Everett match making quest is ever a success. Here is a sneak peek at his bedding!

I am SO so pleased with the fabric that we have chosen for his nursery and I still have some crafty ideas in mind for decorations for his nursery. Fun fun fun!

It's all coming together, slowly but surely and a huge reason for that is my incredible friends. Thank you thank you!!!!

2 comments:

hey sis! said...

Can't wait to see how the crib looks with the painted walls! It is all coming together... looking good!

Kristi said...

Way to go! You are so lucky to have friends like that who will come and help you organize!