Friday, March 11, 2011

Tsunami Warning

After a lovely dinner with my parents, we came back to our hotel room and learned of the earthquake in Japan. I saw it on Twitter initially and then we turned on the news with concerns that this could generate a tsunami in Hawaii.

At first it the news said we were on tsunami warning and now it is officially a tsunami watch. Kinda scary to be honest. We are right on the Kalapaki bay.....this is the view from our room.
Friends, I already suffer from some major irrational fears. Hearing that a tsunami IS headed our way, just the magnitude is unknown is about enough to give me a panic attack. I'm taking some deep breaths though and knowing that my God is mighty to save. I pray that the news is making a huge hype over it and that it won't be a big deal at all.

In the meantime I am praying for Japan and it's residents. I am so thankful for the faith I have in my Savior; without it I don't think I would have the courage to get out of bed each day or bring another child into this world. Kind of a downer ending to our vacation huh? We are supposed to leave on Saturday and my parents are supposed to fly out tomorrow night. I think that most of my bloggie friends are probably fast asleep as I type this but if you happen to read this now, please say a prayer for us. Hopefully by the time you read this, the warning is long gone and I'm back to lounging at the pool. :)

2 comments:

Wannabe Mummy said...

I've been reading your blog for a long while now, just never commented. You are all certainly in my prayers! He will protect you all!

xx

Emily said...

Praying for yall right now!!