Thursday, December 10, 2009

Webcamming!

One of Emersyn's favorite past times these days is webcamming with Grammy & Grandpa in Minnesota. It's extra special when Gigi (her great grandma) is there too! She totally knows that she can call them and sometimes when she is fussy, she will reach for the computer and be insistent on opening it. One day it clicked in my head, "I bet she wants to call Grammy & Grandpa!" Sure enough, I asked her if she wanted to call them and she gave me a big smile with her happy noise, not sure how else to describe the noise that she makes other then it is like a grunt mixed with giggle? Either way, it's pretty cute. :)

This past Saturday, Emersyn and I were waiting for Daddy to get home so we could go to our church's Christmas Concert and we decided to call Grammy and Gigi on the webcam to show them how cute she looked in her Christmassy outfit! :)


Emersyn thinks she's pretty sassy, getting to talk on the computer. See how pleased she looks with herself? :)



In other news....we leave for MN a week from tomorrow!! I am not ready!!! :) There is a LOT to be done before we go. It is kind of weird leaving on a Friday because this is my last weekend to get ready before we leave. I am not too worried about it. It is nice packing to go to my parents house where they have things in case we forget them, not like going to a hotel. :) I am really excited to have 10 days off with my husband and baby!! I am excited to spend a week with my brother too. Even though he lives in town, we don't see him too often with his school and work schedule. I am excited to see my mom who I haven't seen since Hawaii in September. I am excited to see my Grandma who I haven't seen since last Christmas!! And of course to see my dad who I just saw last month as a special treat! I am excited for Emersyn to sleep in my parents room which means we get to sleep IN!!! I am excited to finish watching Season 5 of LOST so we are caught up for the new season this January. I am excited to go to the Mall of America. All kinds of excitement brewing! :)

I got my hair cut this morning. It is really cute, I am happy with it. My stylist is a friend so it is always nice to get caught up with her. Her salon is about 45 minutes from my house which is a loooooong way to go but she gives me a FANTASTIC deal on my cut and color that it makes it totally worth it!

Tonight we are going to dinner to celebrate a friend's birthday. I am hoping Emersyn looks cute and is ready to go when I get home from work today. Daddy hasn't really figured out how to do her hair yet, hee hee. He puts cute outfits together though so for that I give him credit. I hope Emersyn does well at the restaurant though, she isn't a big fan of being confined these days....

This morning I woke up and it felt really really cold. I told Brett that I thought our furnace had liked turned off. Sure enough, he went downstairs and our thermostat said 55!!!!!!!!! FREEZING!!!!! Luckily Brett had put Emersyn to be in thermals AND fleece pajamas so she was good and warm when he checked on her. Apparently we need a new filter for the furnace so he is working on that today. Oh the joys of home ownership! :)

Well, enough rambling. I will leave you with a link for my new favorite Christmas song of this season, "A Baby Changes Everything" by Faith Hill. I can't hardly listen to it without turning into a sappy mess of tears. I hope you are blessed by it too. :)

http://www.cmt.com/videos/faith-hill/291605/a-baby-changes-everything.jhtml


3 comments:

MiMi said...

WE ARE EXCITED FOR ALL THAT YOU ARE EXCITED FOR AND MANY MORE THINGS LIKE WAKING UP TO TH RUSTLE OF EMERSYN SAYING GOOD MORNING TO THE WORLD, LISTENING TO HER "EMERSYN" SONG IN THE EVENING, SNUGGLING AND CUDDLING HER, SNEAKING AN "I LOVE YOU HUG" TO YOU BRETT AND EM'S. WE ARE EXCITED THAT BRETT WILL HAVE A SMILE THAT DOESN'T END PLAYING IN THE SNOW.WE ARE EXCITED THAT WHEN YOU AND BRETT SLEEPING, WE GET EMERS ALL THE MORE. TOTALLY EXCITED THAT WE WILL ALL HAVE FUN WITH DAVID AND GETTING SOME HUGS FROM HIM TOO.
WE MISS YOU SO MUCH HONEY!!! LOOKING FORWARD TO EVERYTHING.
LOVE, MAMA

Melissa said...

Love it! Love all you're excited about! Hubby & I watched the first 4 seasons of LOST on DVD last year so we were caught up for season 5! & can't wait til it starts in January!!! Emersyn is too cute! Have an awesome time w/ your family!:)

LeAnna said...

Love the pics of Miss Em, what a cutie. Have fun in the frozen tundra! ;)