Tuesday, December 22, 2009

More holiday fun.....

We sure are having a nice time in Minnesota. It is still so strange not to be at my own home for the holidays. We have so many local traditions in Portland that we didn't get a chance to do before we left but I suppose it is fun to make some new memories. Emersyn certainly doesn't know the difference! :)

Yesterday my brother got into town. But before we went and picked him up, Brett and I decided to make some sugar cookies, a Christmas tradition for Brett's family! :)


Of course Chef Emersyn wanted to help. I love this picture....it looks like she is tasting something to see if it tastes just right. :) Love this apron and hat too from Grammy & Grandpa....Target!!

Brett rolled out all the cookies and I frosted them all. It worked out great! The secret is to cut them really thin and make frosting from scratch with a splash of almond extract in it.


Ems and Daddy taking a break. Baking is hard work!

Emersyn is obsessed with the Gerber Graduates Baby Cheetos. My parents always get them for her when they are in town because my dad likes Cheeto's so much. She thinks they are delicious!

The finished product. SO yummy!!

All bundled up to go pick up Uncle David from the airport.



I hope that everyone is enjoying the holiday season. We aren't really feeling the hustle and bustle of the holiday preparation, we are pretty much all ready to go!

Happy Tuesday!



6 comments:

Rachel said...

She looks so adorable in her little apron! Such a cutie! Hope you have a wonderful holiday.

Katie said...

Those are such cute pictures and I love that one on Emersyn all dressed up like a chef/baker. I used to live in Minnesota- in Rochester- where are you guys?

Glad you are having fun with your family :)

Keely said...

Emersyn is so stinkin cute in her apron and chef's hat!

Looks like you guys might have a white Christmas..so fun!

Lata Skata!

sister sheri said...

I tell you that first photo could win a contest!

Aimee said...

I have to concur!! The baking apron and hat is stinkin' adorable and Emersyn rocks it!

LeAnna said...

Awww, great pics. The one of her in the apron is my fave. :)