Tuesday, December 1, 2009

NaBloPoMo is over!

Happy December everyone! I successfully finished the National Blog Posting Month challenge! It was fun to have to come up with content for each day, something I don't have ever done for 30 days straight. I also enjoyed reading some friends' blogs who aren't usually as good about updating and getting to enjoy hearing about a month of their lives! :)

I cannot believe it is December......I don't even get sad anymore when the holidays are done with. I know they will be back before we know it and sure enough, they are! :)

We leave for MN in 2 1/2 weeks! I am hoping for another white Christmas like we had last year. The thought of being snowed in all cozy at my parent's home just thrills me. Can I just say how excited I am for Christmas day? Ever since we have been married, Christmas day has been EXHAUSTING. In fact, our VERY first Christmas was the worst. Brett's brother had a cleaning business and he hurt his arm and so Brett and I helped him out by cleaning a resteraunt downtown from about 9pm until 4am on December 23rd...they we both got up on Christmas Eve and worked a full day, having only gotten a couple hours of sleep after cleaning all night...and that pretty much ruined the entire holiday for us because we could never get caught up on sleep. We never even got paid for the cleaning!!

That Christmas was a rare one with the cleaning thing, but every other Christmas has involved going to my parents Christmas Eve, then getting up early and usually stopping by my parents house on Christmas morning for like an hour, then going to Brett's parents...then usually going to another relatives house and then sometimes everyone ends up at our house at the end of the day. EXHAUSTING. This year we are going to wake up and hang out in our PAJAMAS ALL DAY!!!!! That is my kinda holiday!!!

I hope everyone is having a FANTASTIC month so far!! :)


1 comment:

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Oh that is my kind of day too!! I kind of need the excuse of snow for that though...