Friday, December 4, 2009

Five Question Friday

My Little Life

It's that time again.....5 question Friday! :) Head over to Mama M's blog for more 5 question Friday fun!

1. Favorite gift you are GIVING this year?

Well, if I told YOU what I was giving and the gift recipient happens to read my blog, that would ruin ALL the fun! I will say this about gifts though...this year we are going minimal. We are traveling for Christmas this year to MN and let's just say that put a damper in our "Christmas Budget" and by damper I mean that it wiped it out!! :) Emersyn wants to get her Grandparents and cousins a gift but as far as OUR siblings go, we are electing to not exchange gifts with them. This was met with some resistance but we are being strong! We did "adopt" two foster kids and a teenager from a halfway house from a giving tree at our church and with great joy have purchased some gifts for them. It is nice to buy for people in need; so many of us are blessed to have the essentials and more. As we have gotten older, we have realized that so many years we struggle to write up a Christmas list because we just can't think of anything we need. Sure, a Starbucks gift card is always nice but we really want this season to be about giving in our home and that is the message we hope in imprint on our children. Okay, enough about that! :)

2. How many parties are you attending between now and Christmas?

Gosh, I don't know if we are attending ANY! :) We have two that we would be going to if we were in town but we won't. I am tossing around the idea of having a Christmas open house the week before we leave....not sure if that is realistic or not. It is impossible for me to host things at my home on days that I work, just too stressful. We'll see!

3. What is your favorite Christmas song?

I think my all time favorite Christmas song is "Oh Holy Night". I also love "O Come Let Us Adore Him". I was at a Chris Tomlin concert a loooooong time ago and he sang "O Come Let Us Adore Him" except he rephrased it, "How Could We Not Adore Him". I was so impacted by that way of singing it. It is so true, how could we not adore Him?? I also love "Baby, It's Cold Outside". :)

4. Who was your favorite elementary school teacher and why?

I loved my first grade teacher, Miss Nichols. Her and my mom became friends and Miss Nichols even babysat me a couple times, which I don't think would be kosher now but it was back then and I felt special!!

5. If you had a choice to live in any other period of time (other than now) what era would you choose and why?

I think every era has it's pros and cons. I would be curious to live in an era without so many modern conveniences, maybe like the 50's? Have to iron dresses and wear heels while I vacuum, haha. I am always intrigued at how people lived before our influx of technology.

Well, that concludes our Five Question Friday for this week! :)


MckLinky Blog Hop



This morning I am enjoying a cup of coffee, browsing some blogs, and waiting for Brett to get home. He had to go into work for a couple hours this morning. He made coffee though and I woke up to a fresh pot, whoo hoo!

This afternoon I am hoping to clean up the house a little and then we are going on a date this afternoon!! I am hoping that Emersyn takes a REALLY good morning nap because she isn't going to get an afternoon one. We are taking her to her "Auntie" Tori's house. We helped Tori and her husband Andrew buy their house (I was their Realtor) and they decided to thank ME with a gift certificate to dinner and a movie! I am so excited! We are going to see "Blindside" and then have a nice dinner afterwards. I hope Ems isn't too naughty for them. I am bringing a box of Kleenex for some emergency entertainment if needed. :)

Happy Friday!!


3 comments:

Keely said...

We're going on a date too..but we're bringing the baby..guess it doesn't really count..but kinda..It's date night at our church..the church watches the kids..the baby room was full..boo! The older two are going to the church though..woohoo!

And we're going shopping!

I know..I totally suck..I should really be going to the party..I'm too much of a weenie.

I got a Sony a330

A New England Girl said...

Loved the answers! I need to participate in this some time... just need to remember!

I hope you enjoy the Blind Side... I heard it is fantastic!! :)

sister sheri said...

Too funny about the kleenex box!