Monday, April 20, 2009

Sunny days....

Happy Monday!!

We had a wonderful weekend, full of fun pics so you know I just have to share! I love uploading pics from my camera on Sunday night so that I can update my blog on Mondays. Makes me look forward to Monday's, rather then dreading it as my extra long work day.

Saturday Emersyn and I went to a baby shower for my friend Kara. She is having a little boy in May and we are so happy for her! I know she will be a great mother. As much as I wanted to buy some darling clothes for her baby, I know that the practical items are so appreciated so I found some goodies on her registry to get her. She has great taste and I know her nursery is going to be darling! Emersyn looked pretty sassy in her spring dress and jean jacket.

Saturday evening we went over to the Kaushal’s for some dinner and fun times. I love going to their house because there is plenty of room for the babies to play and Brett has a really good time with Amit. I feel like in some of my friendships, Brett is friends with the husband but they don’t really have a lot of fun, just get together because their wives are friends. I know Brett and Amit have a good time and that makes me happy. Emersyn had fun playing with Sanjana, who just turned a year old! She is having a birthday party on Saturday and we can’t wait to attend it! Sanjana has an older brother too,Deepak, and he is so good with the babies. We got some cute pics of the babies in their matching jammies. I would say that we didn’t plan the matching jammies but we SO did!!


Monkey Buddies. :)

Sanji the Diva! Love how sweet Dee is, playing with the girls and love how short Emersyn's little legs are peeking out of the little dress.

Sunday morning we went to church. I volunteered in the nursery for the second service, about an hour and a half. It was fun to see Emersyn play with a couple of other babies.

Sunday afternoon I went and got the van washed, vacuumed and wiped down the inside of the van, and then decided to take my daughter on a mommy/daughter date down to Al’s garden center in Sherwood. They were having their annual “make a hanging basket” weekend, which is a killer deal. I was bummed because Brett works all weekend but I decided to take Ems by myself and have a fun time doing it.

Al’s was crazy busy but such a fun place to be. Emersyn needed to eat lunch, since she napped all the way home from church so I sat down on some patio furniture and fed Miss E. her organic baby food. Delicious!

Emersyn, not a fan of the sunshine in her face. I forgot her sunglasses!!
Then came the hard part; selecting plants for the hanging basket. I am TERRIBLE at making these kinds of decisions where you have many options. I would rather they say, here are two plants, pick one. Instead they have upright plants, trailing plants, sun loving plants, shade loving plants, partial shade loving plants, EEEEK! I can’t process it all. SO I decided to go with one plant, instead of a variety and picked the breed by eeny meeny miny moe. J I ended up with a “Blue Eyes” fuschia. I knew I wanted fuschia’s because they have big blossoms and they can withstand the neglect that sometimes happens in the Jensen household. We have had hanging baskets for the last 3+ years and they have all survived the season, just sometimes we forget to water them but like I said, fuschias are forgiving.

Here are some fun pics from our planting experience….


"Please Mom, no more pictures, you're embarassing me!!"

"No, SERIOUSLY mama!!"

Before.
After! I planted them myself with gloves. Al's provided the soil and fertilizer!

Girls afternoon!
Afterwards, Ems and I went home to change, let Molly out, etc. I put Emers in her “Cindy Lou Whoo” onesie and I have to say, she looked darling. I rolled up her little Levi’s too since it was so warm. I love naked baby toes!!!!! I took a couple of cute pictures of her in our backyard on the patio furniture.


Thank you Lord for my own little Cindy Lou Whoo. :)
Sunday night we went to an auction meeting for a charity auction we are having at our church to raise money for the youth choir next Sunday evening! Afterwards, we went to the young adults service at church and then to TGI Friday’s for some dinner.

Emersyn wanted a bite of my salad. This obviously is staged for cute photo purposes. Emersyn has become very cranky if you eat around her and don't share. Thank goodness for Gerber Puffs!! Those little bites of heaven are a life saver!!
It was a great weekend, can’t wait for the next one!! :)

1 comment:

mosaicmama said...

so bummed i missed the hanging plant thing at al's :( love all the amazing pics. it was great hanging with the kids and we LOVE having you guys over too. must do more often.
i love how emersyn is so over you taking her pic and covering her face like you're the paparazzi, and i love the cindy lou onesie!