Friday, April 10, 2009

Good Friday!

One of my favorite pictures of my two favorite people. :)



I love that my Lord is an optimist. I truly believe that he sees the glass half full. I mean, He named the day that His only son was brutally crucified for my sins "Good Friday".

While this blog is largely devoted to my precious Emersyn Grace, it is still an account of who her mama is. I don't want to be a mama that has no balance in her life, being so wrapped up in being a mama that I no longer serve any other useful purpose. Having a daughter is such a big responsibility to me. I am going to be the biggest female influence in her life and I don't take that role lightly. I want her to read back on this blog and be inspired by the kind of woman I was/am, not just read an account of how much I love her.

Good Friday truly is a good day. It is a day to celebrate the Ultimate Sacrifice that was made in our honor. For God so loved the world..... I am thankful to God today for this sacrifice, as well as so many other things. Thankful for my husband whom I love more and more each day as we grow in our marriage and as parents. Thankful for my sweet baby girl and her health, her loving personality and the way she makes every single moment special. Thankful for the plans that God has for me and my family, that even though I can't see what lies ahead, I know Who is guiding me there and that is enough. I have really learned to let go in the last 3 to 4 years. I had big plans that mostly involved attaining success so that I could have more stuff. But I am over stuff. You can have too much stuff. I am thankful for the experiences that I have been though, in knowing that there is more to life then the pursuit of status or stuff. I love that the Lord allowed me to grow out of that mentality, to be content no matter the circumstance and to know that at no point in life will I truly arrive. Life is a constant lesson and I never want to stop learning.

This post is a little all over the place but they are my thoughts and it is my blog so there! :)

Lord, thank you for this Good Friday and all the Good things you have done for me. I am so grateful and it is no sacrifice to devote my life to you.

Happy Good Friday and Easter weekend to everyone!!

P.S. Lord, help me not be prideful when everyone sees Emersyn in her DARLING Easter dress. Amen. :)

2 comments:

sister sheri said...

Great post, mama! It is so important to remind ourselves that we still need an identity beyond being a wife and a mother. Most certainly at the top... a precious daughter of the King!

You are too funny about the Easter Dress! I can't wait to see it!

Kara said...

You have a great point of view. I love how positive you are and I agree that it's very easy to have too much stuff-- stuff that really doesn't matter when you look at the big picture.